Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Relocating batteries & Mounting amps

I have an 06 Moomba LSV and I'm looking to relocate my batteries and mount my amps for a cleaner look.
    Any suggestions?
    05 Moomba LSV

Depends on your current situation. Where are the batteries and amps now? Also what type of batteries are you using?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My batteries & amps are currently located in the cubby. I'm also buying two new batteries this spring.
    05 Moomba LSV

Your best bet is going to be where they are. Most people build an amp rack and mount it to the side of the hull, using the rail at the floor, and the back side of the rub rail. You can screw into these but only about 1/2 inch.

Batteries, if they are traditional Wet cell, then you have to leave them upright, this leaves you in the cubby, or under the drivers helm.

If you get Gel style batteries that can be laid on there side then you can move the batteries into a storage compartment, or in the bow, or drivers helm, you will just need to extend your power and ground wires.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Just to clarify, Gel and AGM batteries are often confused.
    One key to a clean and seviceable amplifier panel is to have plenty of extra real estate for distribution, wire raceways and strain reliefs/tie-downs.
    The hull surface of that year probably will not give you direct mounting provisions, but once you resolve that you will have a very spacious panel for multiple amplifiers, possibly a battery charger, and all the necessities. The ability to service and tune will be a breeze.
    There really are not many good alternatives for mounting batteries beyond the sole of the observer's locker. You can usually move the batteries forward to give more storage room. Just make sure that the battery switch is positioned just inside the locker opening for convenience. Every wire/cable feed can be easily extended. But you may want to look over the length and access of the heavy B+ and ground coming from the engine in advance before planning a relocation.

David

Here is a link that shows my setup: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....6619#post96619

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Here is a link that shows my setup: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....6619#post96619
    He will benifit more from an OB owner posting pictures because the 05 LSV is what became the OBV and the all new LSV was released in 06 which is wider and deeper.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    He will benifit more from an OB owner posting pictures because the 05 LSV is what became the OBV and the all new LSV was released in 06 which is wider and deeper.
    His post says 06, sig says 05. Either way it will give him a picture to look at and maybe some ideas. Did you skip breakfast this morning or what?

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Your best bet is going to be where they are. Most people build an amp rack and mount it to the side of the hull, using the rail at the floor, and the back side of the rub rail. You can screw into these but only about 1/2 inch.

Batteries, if they are traditional Wet cell, then you have to leave them upright, this leaves you in the cubby, or under the drivers helm.

If you get Gel style batteries that can be laid on there side then you can move the batteries into a storage compartment, or in the bow, or drivers helm, you will just need to extend your power and ground wires.
    Now you got me thinking of moving one of my group 29s to the driver side....
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Just to clarify, Gel and AGM batteries are often confused.
    One key to a clean and seviceable amplifier panel is to have plenty of extra real estate for distribution, wire raceways and strain reliefs/tie-downs.
    The hull surface of that year probably will not give you direct mounting provisions, but once you resolve that you will have a very spacious panel for multiple amplifiers, possibly a battery charger, and all the necessities. The ability to service and tune will be a breeze.
    There really are not many good alternatives for mounting batteries beyond the sole of the observer's locker. You can usually move the batteries forward to give more storage room. Just make sure that the battery switch is positioned just inside the locker opening for convenience. Every wire/cable feed can be easily extended. But you may want to look over the length and access of the heavy B+ and ground coming from the engine in advance before planning a relocation.

David
    David, any reason I can't extend the wires on my prosport 20 if i were to move a battery to the other side of the boat?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD