Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Relocating batteries & Mounting amps

So David, I guess me overall question is what is the worst that can happen by relocating one or both stereo batteries to the other side of the boat?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    So David, I guess me overall question is what is the worst that can happen by relocating one or both stereo batteries to the other side of the boat?

Sent from my iPhone
    Certainly nothing catastrophic will happen. And it's impossible to numerically qualify exactly what would be compromised in the way of performance or longevity. Doubling your cable distance adds resistance and that is counter-productive at every level. You can offset the cable distance with a larger gauge cable. That alone makes it an inefficient move from a standpoint of cost-effectiveness. Real copper heavy gauge cables are brutally expensive unless you are using junk wire on the cheap with reduced copper content at half the weight. While it may be a fraction of the cost, it is also a multiple of the resistance.
    I would not separate two batteries on the same bank by any distance since the ideal scenario is matched batteries in every aspect. I would want them to start out identical and age identically. I would place the charger closest to the deeply cycled bank. If I had an inequity I would place it between the two banks but not between two batteries of the same bank.

David

Which model Promariner Charger is most comonly being used by you guys, 12, 20, or 20 plus?
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I got the 20 plus. I'm glad too because I think I am adding a second house battery.
    -Jake

I think the 20 is what comes from the factory

Thank you very much. One of these is on my list...
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

-Jake

-Jake

Just pulled them from the boat. I only plugged the charger in a couple of times over the last five months. Thought I would check their condition. Looks like I can leave them in year round with no worries.
    -Jake

The self-discharge on AGMs is less than on a flooded battery, which is several percent per month. And AGMs rest at about a volt higher to start with. Barely more than a half volt drop over two months is very good.
    When checking a battery, make sure to let the charging voltage, whether from an alternator or shore charger, completely dissipate for a true reading.
    Having an isolating battery switch helps eliminate any potential for a parasitic drain. And make sure to get the HU memory off line while in long term storage.
    With a big audio system and a large battery bank, you still need an AC shore charger for full restoration after a weekend outting. An alternator alone usually won't get it done, especially if you spend any time at rest.

David