Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake Plate Question

Quick question. I had to replace the upper hinge of one of my actuators on the wake plate about a week ago after it just broke in half. Now the wake plate goes down but stops when it is "level" or when there is no deflection. Bennett trim tabs says those actuators only have an 1 3/8 inch of travel so that is normal and it is going all the way down. I seem to remember it going down further. The pump will stop running when it stops going down but when it goes all the way up the pump will keep running. That doesn't seem to be right either but I really don't remember. Someone with a similar boat please tell me where your plate stops when going down and also what the pump does when the tab goes all the way up and down. Boat is a 2001 Outback DD.

The gauge also quit working but that is another problem.

BTW: Just a plug for Bennett Trim Tabs. They have been great and have a really excellent customer service department.
    Last edited by MOOMBA_97; 03-05-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Can't help with this one but good to hear from you Monty! Glad you're still alive.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Been a while. Just been busy with family and work going virtual. Until recenty haven't done anything with the boat. I pulled it out of the garage and ran it on the hose for a little while a couple weeks ago. While doing that, the actuator blew out. What it's doing may be normal, just can't remember.

Nobody knows about this? I'll take any boat with a wake plate.
    2001 Outback LS

Monty i cant say for the wake plate pump stopping on the way down. The trim tab should stop when its level with the hull. It might be they put an off switch on the down motion and not the up motion, IDK.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: Wake Plate Question

The hinge was probably broken allowing the plate to move downwards more..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Plate should travel slightly past level so it creates a hook. My pump stays on as long as I hold the lever up or down and I can hear the sound change when the actuators reach the end of their stroke. They don't have much travel. No switch for up or down, just the coil that drives the gauge. Check you fluid level first. Then try taking the plate loose from the actuators and stroking them.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Sounds like they are normal then. They might be going slighty (and I mean slightly) past the hull. I must be losing what little mind I have left. Just got to get the gauge working again. Bennett said to check the ohms on the sensor wire but my ohm meter is broke, go figure.
    2001 Outback LS

Update. Fixed the gauge this afternoon. Turned out to be a wire/ground issue. That to all.
    2001 Outback LS

Glad you got it all working.

I have to agree about the great service from Bennett.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Yea, Bennett has been great. They sent me upper and lower seals at no charge and walked me through replacing the lower. Had to call several times to ask questions and they were always friendly and helpful. Wish all companies would provide this kind of service.

I must say I called Moomba to ask a question about one of the actuators at the recommendation of Bennett and I also received very good customer service from them too.
    2001 Outback LS