Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Joe,
    No, the nutserts aren't included although they are inexpensive. The main issue is the riveting tool. To do the job correctly, the tool is a manual wishbone type about the size of a large bolt cutter. You need the leverage (more than a typical forearm gun) to properly seat the hardware. I'm sure factory has some major pneumatic tool. But expensive tools can often be rented.

David

So what your saying is the "average Joe" will have a hard time installing these without professional tools.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

What the h do you know about an "average Joe"????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    So what your saying is the "average Joe" will have a hard time installing these without professional tools.
    If you want the OEM approach then it requires a hole drilled and a big rivet tool. Pretty simple, especially for an "average Joe"....if you know what I mean....and I think you do.

David

So thank you to everyone who responded and had good ideas. But, tonight the owners of the boat, myself and my two brothers sat down to discuss the stereo options and we came to the conclusion to go BIG! We are going to do a 6 speaker tower hybrid system from Exile with 4 SXT65Q's with 2 Xm7's. We are also going to replace the 6 cabin speakers with exile and have 2 harpoon amps running this all. We dont want to drill into the tower so we decided on a light bar that mounts across the cross bar, specifically one mentioned above. maybe two bullet leds facing forward on a seperate switch just for docking and anchoring situations at night. We want to do alot of night boarding seeing that here in AZ, thats the only time to get truly glass conditions. My one question is, I obviously want to do a sub under the driver controls to complement this monster system. Any suggestions on a custom box or blueprints on building one and also, suggestions on subs, I would prefer a 12 or 15 seeing that we listen to all types of music, but mostly hip hop and dance types of music. Thanks.
    -Tyler G-
    Gilbert,AZ

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV
    -Gravity 3 Ballast System
    -Wakeplate
    -6 Kicker Speakers
    -4 Channel Kicker Amp

Looking to upgrade stereo soon!!!!
    THANKS ACTION WATER SPORTS AZ!!!!!

Tyler - I got your msg. I responded in kind. Mandley is just finishing up with an enclosure for his 15. I'm sure he can comment on what he did, why he did, and how he did. I'll be tuning his whole system for him sometime this week and can give you some 411 then.

-Brian

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

This is my tower two pair of rev10's on two rockford 600/4 bridged @ 4 ohm.
    this a far off vid and of course there was no distortion any distortion u hear was because the camera couldnt reproduce the sound

http://youtu.be/KayKJPAC83g

http://youtu.be/jjmJLYf2HQ0
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll