Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default V2 Tower light and speaker options?

So this question may have already been answered but, I have a 2011 Mobius LSV with the V2 Tower. I am looking to put tower speakers and lights on the tower. I want to use the install locations on the inside of the tower that are on the side. there are two spots on each side. I had an idea that I want x9's up top of each side and lights on the lower mounts. I am 6'1 and already have to duck under the tower so I dont want anything on the crossbar. My question is, are there any custom mount lights that will mount to the V2 tower mounts that have forward and backward facing lights on each side. If not, is there any blueprints for machine shops that will enable me to do this with a custom install?
    -Tyler G-
    Gilbert,AZ

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV
    -Gravity 3 Ballast System
    -Wakeplate
    -6 Kicker Speakers
    -4 Channel Kicker Amp

Looking to upgrade stereo soon!!!!
    THANKS ACTION WATER SPORTS AZ!!!!!

Tyler,
    This info, although you may already be aware of this, might make your project easier. Front-facing halogen/led lamps are not nearly as effective as rear-facing lamps. The brighter the front lights, the more glare you get reflected off the bow (especially if the boat is squatted), and the more blinded you become. I prefer conventional docking lights at the bow and specifically under the deck cap if approaching the trailer. Or, you can add a couple of simple runway lights to the trailer.
    Also, in consideration of the rear cockpit occupants, I would locate lamps at the highest point or to the outside of the tower. Just a few general thoughts before completely understanding your intentions.

David

Here are my four xm9's on a v2 tower

Unfortunately when moomba redid the bu tower to the v2 they eliminated the pre fab light plugs. So it would have to be custom drilled to get the rear facing lights

this is what i found bakesonline could be a great resource since they dealt with malibu for years
    http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2516

http://www.westwindsonline.com/lighting.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

This is probably the cheapest light you can find for the V2 tower.

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=610

They also come in an LED version. But as with anything, you get what you pay for. We were going to mount four of these on my neighbor's Illusion tower, but we didn't. The surface, where the stock holes were, was not flat; thus the mounting brackets did not sit flat. Being that there are no factory holes on your tower, you could find a flat spot which would make a better mounting location. There is a boss machined into the bottom of the bracket that is supposed to line up with the factory hole in the Illusion tower. That boss would have to be ground flat. A simple self tapping screw mounts the bracket to the tower.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Wetsounds has a small LED bullet-style lamp. You can install nutserts nearly anywhere you want on that tower, which is the same hardware provided for speaker mounting.

David

"Hee hee hee hee....he said nutserts" - Beavis
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

David, I searched your sight and only found the Bullet bar style. I would love to see the wetsounds with Nuserts... seriously.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    David, I searched your sight and only found the Bullet bar style. I would love to see the wetsounds with Nuserts... seriously.
    Joe,
    It's not on our site just yet but you can see the item on the Wetsounds site. It's a BPOD micro sized LED lamp.

David

Actually it is on our site under POWERSPORTS lighting. Four versions. White or black. Spot or flood.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Actually it is on our site under POWERSPORTS lighting. Four versions. White or black. Spot or flood.
    http://store.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=380
    Thanks David. Looks great, the wiring harness makes it pretty simple as well. Are the nutserts part of the hardware included.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold