Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am really curious now as how big this hill actually is!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Anyone using a trailer brake controller?

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I am really curious now as how big this hill actually is!
    Worst one I tow and we have no shortage of volcanos around here. People often come down smoking and dunk their red hot trailers straight into the water! Very hard on equipment!

I've been running around Cove my entire life and only recently gained access to this area. It is a gated private community with miles of paved roads and this final stretch to the boat ramp is exactly what MM said, BRUTAL.

The first time I ever came down there I was in second gear and overheated my truck and trailer brakes. Now at the viewpoint I pull it down into first gear and turn off the trailer brakes. Truck brakes now get warm but not hot. My truck has 4:10 gears too, second gear usually gets me down steep hills with very little braking.

Now I'm thinking might as well do it right and wire it to a switch and the reverse lights. I wonder if I need a relay to stop my switch power source from sending signal to my reverse lights on the truck? Does that make any sense?
    Last edited by beat taco; 03-04-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    -Jake

Forgot to add pic of said viewpoint.
    -Jake

I don't think it would matter if your truck reverse lights were on while going down the hill...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My Jeep has the reverse light wired, I was more thinking that I ha trailer brakes that weren't being used since I didn't have a controller; I didn't realize it was all automatic
    2013 Outback V

Ian, try this...unplug the lights (so the reverse sensor is not active) and try to back the trailer up a small hill. You will quickly realize your brakes are working!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Yes sirs - you are correct. I got off track a bit there and lost my train of thought... (gee, that never happens)

You could take that 5th wire for the reverse light and hook it to a separate switch as opposed to your headlights... Then you could control the brakes on/off at will. Wouldn't be too tough.

Here's a few more shots of the canyon going into LBC. This is the kind of place where you can be out on the water 3ft from shore and it's 100+ft deep. Cliff country.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

is that mt Raineer in the 2nd photo

boy do I miss that part of the country
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I wanna say that's Mt Jefferson. Rainier is further north outside of Seattle.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Cliffs?

So maybe I was over thinking it. Can't wait till Memorial Day to go back. Even though the water will be 60*!
    -Jake