Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks like a pretty awesome spot.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Where we ride doesn't have too many waterfalls! But we do have warmer water
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Electric brakes are nice and having a in-cab controller works great when you are pulling a trailer equipped with them. Most Campers have them and my RZR trailer has them so I use my DrawTite Activator quite a bit. It's timed so it applies more and more break pressure the longer you hold the pedal.
    Most controllers can plug directly into the OEM harnesses now-a-days!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I get what your saying about the reverse lockout now LOL. I wasn't putting your thought and the mechanics of the trailer together hahaha.

We will need to try and meet up at LBC this year man.

We generally just lockout the trailer brakes the entire time we are at LBC. I drop the truck in 2nd and tap the brakes when needed.

First year, it sucked, i didn't have a lockout on the trailer and the brakes were so hot we had to wait 45 minutes at the prep area for the brakes to cool.

Yea i cant even watch when people run down that hill and drop into that water with hot brakes, the sizzling you hear is like eggs in a fry pan LOL

KG LBC is awesome water, but its cold..all year..May in the 50s, June in 60s, and later July early August it will hit 70s finally, but by Sept its low 70s and 60s again and by Labor Day its mid 60s again. The nice thing is that area is high desert so air temps are 90s so that cool water is ohh so refreshing LOL.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-05-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Last month coming down a few big 3-4mi hills I had a lot of smoke rolling off the brakes - mine are front axle only, and mostly just the driver side was smoking. Enough that I pulled off and doused them with a water bottle. Didn't have a huge grease mess but I'm sure it didn't do the seals or bearings any good. Happened 3 separate times about mid hill on this trip on the way to and the way home. Little scary because behind a 31' motorhome I didn't notice it until it was pretty bad.

So after unplugging lights to run down the remainder of the big hills they seemed fine. Really has me wondering if the surge brakes truly are both inertia and electronically controlled? Not just in reverse for the lockout but fwd as well - they won't engage unless the brake lights activate?

Same thing on another boat in our convoy with an Extreme trailer. His plug actually fell out going over Mt Hood and going down the backside it appeared the boat was pushing his Escalade and they had smoke rolling off the front wheels of the Escalade...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Anyone using a trailer brake controller?

Mine will activate without the brake lights on. Try reversing up a hill...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Right - same with me backing up when unplugged they'll lock up. Hmmm....Guess there's no magic behind it.

Can't explain why they did fine unplugged down the hills vs. plugged in.

Default Re: Anyone using a trailer brake controller?

Surge brakes are only activated when the vehicle slows and the slave cylinder is depressed from the weight of the trailer pressing against the tongue of the trailer. The reverse lock out just isolates the fluid from entering the brake line. That's why you can't back up when the plug is left out. The wireing for the trailer have nothing to do with the brakes them self. (Other than the reverse light lockout)

PWI as usual...

So what yer sayin is I'm smokin crack?

Pretty much. LOL

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk 2
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon