Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Type of Car you drive = Type of Driver you are?

This is just for fun and based solely on my observations as I drive about 30,000 miles a year just between home and the office. All 30,000 miles have been within the state of Utah just outside SLC. This is not to offend anyone but just to have fun and see where it goes.

First off, I have no room to talk, I drive a Mercedes Benz and the Wife drives the Titan XD. We have owned over 20 vehicles including some listed below.

Toyota Trucks: Big or small, new or old, drivers just go fast and love to ride your rear even when doing 78 in a 65. Worse Toyota Truck was a punk kid with a BYU sticker on the window tried to run me off the road, I was passing a tanker doing 80 in a 65. Doesn't matter how big those balls are hanging from the hitch on the back there's got to be some compensating going on somewhere.

Toyota Prius: Stop focusing on growing that dam tree on the dash and just drive.

Mini Vans: three types here; the soccer mom, so focused on being a mom and the kids that driving is not a priority, even though she is driving. the dad and or soccer dad; the dad is focused on getting to their destination as fast as possible to get away from all the screaming kids, the soccer dad, is just trying to be cool while driving a mini van. And of course the teenage daughter/son who just got their license to drive...

VW's: Not sure on these ones, again they just go fast regardless of weather and road conditions.

Mazda: These drivers must be invincible, always going way faster than posted speeds even in snow covered roads. The Zoom Zoom tag line must be taken literally when signing the paperwork.

Luxury SUV's: Range Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, Cadillac. My car cost me 100k or more, I'm so much better than you so I don't care how I drive, my blinkers don't work but that's your problem not mine. Oh I'm dressed to the nine to go shopping because I have to look the part to match my SUV.

Big Jacked up Trucks: putting big a$$ tires on the truck and didn't want to pay for speedometer re-calibration, you are all going slow while in fact I'm the one going way over the posted speed limit. Since I'm so much bigger than you get out of my way. Oh and those big expensive tires, don't really help much in snow and ice covered roads.

Now for a few generalizations: These may be specific to Utah but am sure they apply elsewhere.
    -The stick figure family of Mom Dad and 10 plus kids on the back of a small hatchback, are they clowns?
    -Tourists or as I like to refer to them as Bar Code cars (Rentals all have bar code stickers) I get to deal with Sundance Film Festival and people from all over the world coming to visit, Must stay as far away from Bar Code Cars as possible.
    -Drivers scared of Highway Patrol, they're already doing at least 5 under, see a cop and slam on the brakes, now doing 15 under and never speeds back up.
    -The Stuff Your Face while Driving Driver, be sure to use that plate to help keep it clean.
    -Never learned how to use Cruise Control driver, speed fluctuates so much when passing they speed up, then they slow down, then they speed up, then they slow down.

Of those 30,000 miles during this past year, I have seen numerous accidents, roll overs, slide offs, deer/elk/moose collisions and have had my fair share of oh $h!t moments. Just trying to have fun with this as we head into the heavy travel season and we all start towing our boats.

I'm sure I left off many other types of vehicles and am sure you all have your own thoughts and ideas on each.

Let's be safe out there!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

It sounds like you drive too slow. Quit judging me and get out of the way!!!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

My vehicles just BEG for stereotypes, so I'll play!!!!

Audi S6 Avant:
    I could have been practical and bought a Subaru, but my ego needed a Euro-Snob car with a V8 under the hood. And I feel that I am entitled to pass anyone and everyone because my snow driving prowess is unmatched and I NEED to get to the ski resort before you. If I don't get at least a couple middle fingers thrown at me on the drive up to the mountain, I'm not driving to my potential.

BMW M3:
    I fully believe that the car's mantra of "Ultimate Driving Machine" means that I MUST be the Ultimate driver. And of course I am... I'm driving a track ready car on public roads. Sure there are other cars out there that are faster, But I'll tell you that I'd beat them in the corners. And since we have the reputation for being a**holes, I might as well drive like one.

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R:
    Yes, I'm on a sportbike and you are a mere mortal. I have super-human powers of acceleration and handling so the speed limits and double yellow no passing lines don't apply to me. You could try to bitch at me, but I won't be around long enough for you to get out the first word.

F150 Ecoboost with 6" lift and 35's:
    {if I'm driving it} I don't consider myself a "bro-dozer" even though I've got all the same goodies. I know I'm a pavement princess that will never see an offroad trail, but I don't care. My wheels match my boat trailer and I've got the Moomba decal in my back window to make sure everyone knows that I think I have a badass tow rig.
    {if the wife is driving it} I may only be 5'2 but that doesn't mean I can't drive a big truck. You should see me get into this in a skirt! I love the double takes I get when guys see a little woman climb out of a big truck. I would never admit to wanting a flashy vehicle, but now that I have one, I secretly love it. My husband keeps buying mods for my truck, which makes me laugh but I just enjoy them on his dime. I'm quite proud that it's MY truck and he drives those little euro cars.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So I never got into what type of driver am I. typically 7 over, 65 I go 72, 75 I go 82. Once the speed limit hits 80 I usually top out at 84. Does not mean I have not driven faster. I drive a Mercedes for a few reasons, it's a safe well built car, the 4Matic is awesome in the snow especially with Blizzaks, the V6 has enough get up and go but still get close to 30MPG, unless I have it in Sport mode which is all summer .

Like trayson, the wife drives the big truck, she's only 5'1" so the diesel is huge, just wait until I add the 6" or maybe 4" lift with 35's. Of Course has the Supra sticker on the back window. She's heavy footed, but loves being able to pass everybody going up hill. As the truck is still new to us, only 2300 miles on it, I'm a little more old man like when I drive it, hoping that changes this weekend as we're taking it on a ski trip 4 hours away.

When I drive the car I feel I drive plenty fast enough, the truck I'm bigger than a lot of you so I'll drive however I feel like.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

My wife and I drive very typical cars that I don't think fit into any stereotypes. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong however.

I drive a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab Lonestar Edition.

The wife drives a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited.

Go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My wife drives one or two kids everywhere in her Cruze. She zips around people cuz she has more places to go in a day than you do.

I drive a Suburban. 2 MPH over the speed limit. Keep it between the lines and hope I make it home without incident.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I drive a Suburban. 2 MPH over the speed limit.
    Hardly, more like 20 over--course that is with boat in tow headed to the lake------LOL
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Work / tow vehicles
    2500 HD black with tinted windows that I drive normally and no one notices. Have had too many close calls of people pulling out in front of me them any other vehicle I have owned or driven
    Suburban charcoal family hauler with tinted windows looks like a unmarked government agent people see it and move out of my way

Current toy car
    Chevy SS full size 4 door sedan with over 400 hp. I drive it like it's ment to be driven as does the wife. Nothing better than a sleeper sedan.

Wife's ride
    RX 350 she likes it and will get a second one when lease is up, is a vanilla car and gets driven as. Nothing exciting and doesn't draw attention.
    Last edited by patrick232; 03-10-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Chevy SS full size 4 door sedan with over 400 hp. I drive it like it's meant to be driven as does the wife. Nothing better than a sleeper sedan.
    In FL you can do anything you want in a newer white 4 door. Cops think you're old people and don't want to have to argue with a judge about it. Look the other way.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have a 16 Lifted tundra and a 16 lifted 4runner. I don't feel like i fit into the "toyota" stereo type haha!