Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop

Default Prop

I know this topic has been discussed time and time again and I've searched the forum and gone through just about all the threads regarding the topic already but I'm going to bring it up again.

Ill be picking up the new boat ('13 LSV with surf motor) in about 10 days and will be making the prop change right off the bat but I haven't solidified my decision yet as to which prop. I plan to do the ballast upgrades at the same time as well, which will consist of 2-1100s, 2-370 tubes, center tank, and IBS. We don't ski, tube, or cruise the lake so I'm looking for the best prop for wake boarding and secondary surfing.

I'm torn between the 1235 and 1433. My concern with 1235 is clearance? Is the clearance issue for this prop with the prop guard or the LSV hull itself? I know if its with the trailer I could shim the bunks but then I run into potential garage clearance probs. And if its with the hull I don't want any "prop burn" issues either.

Will the 1433 be enough when loaded down? We usually ride with a small crew so that's why I want so much ballast capacity.

I will be contacting the folks at Nettles next week but wanted to check here too for feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Default Prop

I believe the 1235 clearance issues are with the trailer. Never heard of a prop burn issue

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Prop

There is no noticeable performance difference between the two so if clearance us a concern get the 1433.
    -Jake

Default Prop

Diameter is not near as much a factor as proper pitch. It would be advisable to go out and run it testing all maker of boating conditions and speeds and rpm to make a more informed choice.

I have the upgraded Acme 1235. ordered it with boat. no clearance issue's that im aware off, Ive driven on and off the trailer and no contact. Pretty sure theres about a 1/2" or more of clearance with the prop guard
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Prop

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I have the upgraded Acme 1235. ordered it with boat. no clearance issue's that im aware off, Ive driven on and off the trailer and no contact. Pretty sure theres about a 1/2" or more of clearance with the prop guard
    When you order that prop as an upgrade from factory do they shim the back of the bunks on the trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    When you order that prop as an upgrade from factory do they shim the back of the bunks on the trailer?

not that i have noticed, when I get home tonight I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure its not shimmed
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Re: Prop

I have the 1235 on my 13 lsv and there aren't any clearance issues. Ordered it like that from the factory though
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Default Prop

Going to give the 1433 a shot. Should be here first of next week and pick the boat up next Friday.

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I ran 1433 on my LSV and was pleased..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold