Default Unexpected cold snap!

So I went to the lake last Monday and summarized the boat, ran it, changed some fluids ect. I knew a cold was on its way this week but the low was stated to be 35 so I figured I would be safe and I wanted to get it done so when I get home from work in 2 weeks I can just use it and not look back.

Well I get on weather.com today and check the weather where the boat is stored and it is currently 29 degrees! If it or below 29 or how long it has been 29 I do not know but now I'm worried I may suffer freeze damage. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Your risk level is pretty low at 29. Is it in the water? That would give it a heat buffer as well.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

I think if you have the boat covered up plus the engine is covered it should be alright. I think it would have to stay 29 for a while
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Default Re: Unexpected cold snap!

Dude you're fine. You know where I live and my neighbor has had his x2 since 06 and has never winterized it one time.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Default Unexpected cold snap!

Ok ok. I just get paranoid.

Brad, I need to go check out the USJ at some point this summer. I've never been out there

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: Unexpected cold snap!

You and Heidi should come down sometime. I'll take ya for a ride and maybe it'll show you the lay of the land. Yeah don't worry about your boat I'm sure its fine. My boat has 6 hours on the motor. Didn't even consider winterizing.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD