Default Roswell surf racks

I'm going to add two Roswell swivel racks soon and I'm wondering if I should get two of the surf racks or one surf and one wakeboard rack. Does anyone have the surf rack? Will the surfboard slot hold a skim style board ok? I have two surf boards and both are skim style. I know they fit fine in the stock factory racks. I'm sure I will get a surf style board before too long so that is why I'm getting at least one surf rack.

We are going to keep the factory racks on for if we have more than 4 boards on the boat. We usually go out with 3 wake boards, 2 surf boards, and this will be our first season with a skate (LF Faction) on board. Will the skate fit in the wakeboard rack or should it go in the surf slot. If it should go in the surf then I'll probably go with 2 surfs. Will the surf slot hold a wakeboard ok too?

I'd like to swap out the factory racks with another set of these swivel racks but they are far too spendy for 2 sets. Or maybe we just carry too much gear. I suppose a Z5 or the Monster tower version would solve that...

Wow! Sorry for the rambling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

not to highjack but my question coincides with this. Has anyone added just the swivel piece to their existing factory roswell racks?
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

Quote Originally Posted by freshturk View Post
    not to highjack but my question coincides with this. Has anyone added just the swivel piece to their existing factory roswell racks?
    The Moomba factory tines do not have the Roswell plate, that is what needs to mount to the swivel. So just the tines will not work.

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Also, you will need to buy the universal clamp as well...separately...to mount the rack to the tower. Neither the swivel nor the rack comes with the clamp...

Tow Rig:

And it won't swivel properly, because of the angle of the rear tube. I'm looking at getting a square block welded on the tube, so it sits level with the boat, and will clear some XM9's. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362265667.330573.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362265697.879675.jpg

And the surf tines fit a Ronix Koal no problem. I'll get pics of the throat measurement when I get home.

2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I'm going to add two Roswell swivel racks soon and I'm wondering if I should get two of the surf racks or one surf and one wakeboard rack. Does anyone have the surf rack? Will the surfboard slot hold a skim style board ok? I have two surf boards and both are skim style. I know they fit fine in the stock factory racks. I'm sure I will get a surf style board before too long so that is why I'm getting at least one surf rack.

We are going to keep the factory racks on for if we have more than 4 boards on the boat. We usually go out with 3 wake boards, 2 surf boards, and this will be our first season with a skate (LF Faction) on board. Will the skate fit in the wakeboard rack or should it go in the surf slot. If it should go in the surf then I'll probably go with 2 surfs. Will the surf slot hold a wakeboard ok too?

I'd like to swap out the factory racks with another set of these swivel racks but they are far too spendy for 2 sets. Or maybe we just carry too much gear. I suppose a Z5 or the Monster tower version would solve that...

Wow! Sorry for the rambling...

That's OK. We can help you pick the flower colors for your wedding too. Oh wait. You are already married. Maybe we can help with the drapes. Sure. Just post up all your possible color choices and we'll get Dusty to make a recommendation. What are you asking???????????????????????????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    That's OK. We can help you pick the flower colors for your wedding too. Oh wait. You are already married. Maybe we can help with the drapes. Sure. Just post up all your possible color choices and we'll get Dusty to make a recommendation. What are you asking???????????????????????????
    Basically will the Roswell Surf rack hold a wakeboard, skim style surf, or wake skate securely enough in the surfboard slot?

Tow Rig: