Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thank you guys since i do more wakesurf than wakeboard i think it wont affect me that bad

Default Mobius Lsv 2009 ( how much should i pay)

Maybe.

All we do is wakesurf & wouldn't consider a boat (any brand) w/out a wakeplate.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Both those items are easy to install if you want them. They only retract the value by a 1K or so.

If your finding a 09 in the low 30s its a good deal
    I can install the wakeplate by myself?

automatic fat sacs is pretty expensive around 2500$ for 1500lbs and automatic tsunami pump
    Last edited by wakeboy; 03-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboy View Post
    I can install the wakeplate by myself?

automatic fat sacs is pretty expensive around 2500$ for 1500lbs and automatic tsunami pump
    Yes, you can, its just bolt on to the bottom edge of the boat, then on the transom. Drill a hole for the wires and tie it in at the dash. Moomba only uses the electric one now.

Unfortunately the cost of it new, is not the loss in value on a used boat. Even though it will cost more to install it new it wont detract the value off the boat as much.

Wakemakers sells complete kits, with pumps, bags and electronics for just under 500 a bag and with our Moomba discount that would put you around 1300 for the entire ballast.

Trim tab set up will cost about 500 if you do it yourself.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thank you so for the resale value I should put a wakeplate on it but for the entire ballast gravity 3 kit I checked with my dealer and they quote me around 3000$ for the complete job. (wiring, fat sac, electronic)

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yes, you can, its just bolt on to the bottom edge of the boat, then on the transom. Drill a hole for the wires and tie it in at the dash. Moomba only uses the electric one now.

Unfortunately the cost of it new, is not the loss in value on a used boat. Even though it will cost more to install it new it wont detract the value off the boat as much.

Wakemakers sells complete kits, with pumps, bags and electronics for just under 500 a bag and with our Moomba discount that would put you around 1300 for the entire ballast.

Trim tab set up will cost about 500 if you do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboy View Post
    Thank you so for the resale value I should put a wakeplate on it but for the entire ballast gravity 3 kit I checked with my dealer and they quote me around 3000$ for the complete job. (wiring, fat sac, electronic)
    Makes since on 3K as they are also charging you labor. For 1500 id install it for you LOL. You might talk to the dealer and see what the cost of parts is and then the cost of labor, just to make sure you arnt over paying.

As for the wake plate, it is an important part of surfing but its not a critical part in my mind as most of the time the plate is 75 to 100 up, so its as if you don't have one.

Id say a boat with a wake plate and GIII ballast would sell for about 2-3K more then a boat with out it if that helps in your price hunt.

Where are you located?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Mobius Lsv 2009 ( how much should i pay)

Ok, so let's start doing the math:

$33,000 sales price
    $3,000 ballast by dealer
    $500 wakeplate parts only
    (although I doubt you can find a full setup - plate, actuator, control, gauge & wiring for that)

$36,500 total

That puts you range of others that came equipped like that from the factory. From a resale perspective, as a buyer, if I can tell you added stuff like a wakeplate, I value your boat less than one that had that installed at the factory. Others may think differently.

The good news is that it sounds like you have found a great boat and even if you have to spend a few $$ getting it how you want it, you won't have overpaid.

Wakeboy, You want to look at a loaded '10 LSV model, I happen to know where one is.

I would not shy away from installing the ballast or wakeplate myself and would use it to my advantage when buying the boat. Neither one are going to very hard to add. Go to a Moomba dealer and look at how its done and replicate it.

As for resale a few years down the road, I dont think anyone would ask if you installed those items yourself
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

When I bought my '08 I looked at an '07 with a fixed wakeplate. I decided I'd rather not spend over 30k on a boat that didn't have a wakeplate. I would have also had to upgrade the ballast. The best thing to do is to take the fair price for the boat and make him knock off for the money you'd have to spend to have the dealer install the equipment you need. If it works out you can save a little by installing yourself. If not, just walk away. There are plenty of boats out there. Where are you located?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!