Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amp and speakers stolen

Went to visit my Moomba today at the boat storage place to start getting ready for the season, and when I get to my boat, one side has the cover straps undone...odd I think... So I take the rest of the cover off, and sure enough, someone had come in over the winter and stolen the 4 main cabin speakers, the sub, and my amp.

Did a quick check on craigslist, hoping I could maybe get lucky, find them and "contact" the "seller", but no luck.

Hoping for some help on options - I have a $1000 homeowners deductible, but not sure of the value of this stuff to if it's even worth the claim. I'm not that much into my audio that I even know exactly what I had. I know it was all Kenwood speakers (stock?) and a big Kenwood amp, but that's all I know.

Anyone got any ideas?
    2007 LSV - all red

Default Amp and speakers stolen

Your boat policy should cover the loss. Maybe you were referencing you HO policy because a few companies write boats as endorsements to the HO policy.

Make sure that there is no other damage to mountings surfaces.

If it the coverage is through HO with a $1000.00 deductible it may not be worth claiming. HO policies can be cancelation happy.

Sorry about the loss!!!!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

That really sucks!!! If it was all stock stuff it was prolly the Kicker 200watt amp that I think Mike Mandley has for sale right now at a great price. Is your storage place an "open lot"? No cameras?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Great news - turns out that the boat policy will cover it - I thought it had not been included in the policy, but seems I was wrong (glad to be wrong this time!) But I do have to provide "proof of ownership" of what used to be there....guess I should have taken pictures....

The storage lot was closed, gated, barbed wire, and security cameras. But the owner of the lot has been NO help whatsoever. Basically said it was too much work to review a month's worth of video (which was all he has), when it could have happened anytime over the last 2 months. Lesson I guess is to always visit your boat monthly...and second one is that I'm finding a new place to keep it.

Once I find out what happens with the insurance, will probably be starting another thread in the audio section asking for help. Learned a lot by searching out there already, but making sense of the hacked up mess of wires where my amp used to be is going to be a challenge.

Thanks for the help!
    2007 LSV - all red

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    That really sucks!!! If it was all stock stuff it was prolly the Kicker 200watt amp that I think Mike Mandley has for sale right now at a great price. Is your storage place an "open lot"? No cameras?
    I bought Mike's amp...

He won't review the surveillance video?!? That defeats the purpose of having it in the first place! I'm taking a stab in the dark and saying he doesn't actually have any 'working' equipment in place. I would not so kindly remind him of his obligations to you as the customer and protecting your property. Will he release the footage to you so you can review it?
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

That or it was him or a nefew or something that got you.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Check you contract he might be liable if his security measures were not working.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

^ exactly. Report the theft to the police and request a subpeona for the footage.

He got surveillance video and NOT going thru it.. You should review your contract and see if you can find something to go after him... This is ridiculous to pay so much money and it's not safe at all.