Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Great pics David. We are planning on being out this Friday. Just not sure if it will be the SBR or the Trinity.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    Great pics David. We are planning on being out this Friday. Just not sure if it will be the SBR or the Trinity.
    Well yall have fun! this is my last time out will mid may or so!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Hey Dave,

While I was drooling over your pics since I'm still a month away from ice out I noticed the pic where your buddy is getting ready for an intense nasal flush that your wake is solid on one side, but washed out on the other. I had this problem in my old boat too when I was under 21mph but I only had a few hundred pounds of ballast which I attributed it too. I'm guessing you had the tanks full if he's pulling backflips and I thought it would clean up the wake on both sides.

The people I pull don't like going over 21mph, I like it around 22-22.5 mph where the wake was sharp for me on both sides. I'm hoping for a clean wake on both sides at 20+mph with a new 13 LSV. Was this pic a fluke or a weight distribution problem with passengers?
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    Hey Dave,

While I was drooling over your pics since I'm still a month away from ice out I noticed the pic where your buddy is getting ready for an intense nasal flush that your wake is solid on one side, but washed out on the other. I had this problem in my old boat too when I was under 21mph but I only had a few hundred pounds of ballast which I attributed it too. I'm guessing you had the tanks full if he's pulling backflips and I thought it would clean up the wake on both sides.

The people I pull don't like going over 21mph, I like it around 22-22.5 mph where the wake was sharp for me on both sides. I'm hoping for a clean wake on both sides at 20+mph with a new 13 LSV. Was this pic a fluke or a weight distribution problem with passengers?
    Weight distribution may have been a contributing factor since we take a lot of people out who do not understand how to clean the wake but also whenever someone is loading the line on one side of the boat it seems to always make the other side wash. im sure if he was riding directly behind the boat there would be very little to no wash on the opposite side. as long as the side im going into is clean im all good haha
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Weight distribution may have been a contributing factor since we take a lot of people out who do not understand how to clean the wake but also whenever someone is loading the line on one side of the boat it seems to always make the other side wash. im sure if he was riding directly behind the boat there would be very little to no wash on the opposite side. as long as the side im going into is clean im all good haha
    Happens to me too, whenever some goes to one side the opposite gets washed out
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    That's the worse part when its cold. Dont fall dont fall dont fall. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Oddly enough today she let me order her a new wet suit LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default March 2013 pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Oddly enough today she let me order her a new wet suit LOL.
    Good move....
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

David what sort of ballast/fill do you run when you are wakeboarding? Do you run it different for other riders like Heidi?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default March 2013 pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    David what sort of ballast/fill do you run when you are wakeboarding? Do you run it different for other riders like Heidi?
    I run the stock gravity 3 full with the 650 IBS in the nose. I prefer to run light for beginner riders but generally the beginners that go out with us do not want to ride first so I will fill it all up for me and then it becomes to big of a pain to drain for them then refill for someone else. So I typically run full up for everyone lol.

Drain for Heidi??? She says if I need that much weight then so does she lol

I think I'm going to start riding with only the center bag full for a some sets to work on form and technique tho

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Drain for Heidi??? She says if I need that much weight then so does she lol
    You go girl!!! That's the way to do it.

I think I'm going to start riding with only the center bag full for a some sets to work on form and technique tho.
    Sent from my iPhone
    I'm curious why people change the setup that they normally ride to work on form?

The sport and the equipment has changed so much that the form or style of the tricks have changed as well. If Shapiro was to ride the boats now days with huge wakes, non stretch dyneema lines and current wakeboard tech but didn't change the way he does the tricks, he would either launch himself into orbit or rip his arms off at the shoulders because that was how they did the tricks back then. No height, lots of speed and massive amounts of rope tension to get spring effect. At the same time the current pros would yard sale themselves if they were to ride the equipment that Shapiro and the early guys rode.

My point is, in my opinion your style should yours not what anybody else says you should look like. My son and his good riding buddy both do 360s but they look totally different doing it. Tyler's 360 is more straight up pop and knees bent where his buddies is very little height and legs straight but they are both completing heelside 360s w2w. Same thing on their heel back rolls, his buddy does an old school heel backroll that is super fast high rope tension but very little height, where again Tyler goes straight up and has less rope tension because of the height he gets. Both are doing the same trick but it looks very different.

Ok, sorry if I was ranting! I'm done now.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450