Default Exile speakers on the 21v

Currently I am running a stock set up (6 boat speakers and roswell speaker/light bar) With a Rockford sub and amp.

What I want to do is put the kicker amp on the interior speakers and get new tower speakers and add a zld.

I was wondering which following would be better and is the hybrid system worth the extra $340?
    2 pair xm9's with 1 harpoon amp or
    the xm9 hybrid system with pair of xm9 and two pairs of sxt65q and two harpoon amps (is there enough room for all 6 speakers on a 21V.

We wakeboard 50% of the time and surf the other 50% of the time. only time we seam sit and change wieght set ups.

I currently run duel batterys and also looking at adding a pro-sport charger.
    Will I need a third battery if i add one or two harpoon amps?

Thanks
    2007 supra 21v

I know Dusty is out all week so I'll throw up some pics of his and comment about his ....

It seems like the XM9 has been pushed in a way it eliminates the need for a hybrid setup. For some reason the hybrid hype was short lived. Not sure why bc I can tell you Dusty's sounds pretty dang good. His is with xm7's and the surf speakers.

When he went to dual harpoons he added a fourth battery. I would think 3 would do the trick. Not sure about two.

I was actually looking to do the same setup, was bouncing between 4 xm9's and 2 surfs, 6 xm9's, or 2 xm9's and 4 surf. I had come down to those last 2 options as to what I thought would look best. However, I never could get comfortable enough on whether or not it would fit. It's going to be hard to judge without the speakers in hand. I would think you have the 3 same cross members you will have to avoid on the 21v as we did on the 24. I think it's the same tower? I know those cross members are what pretty much determined how Dusty positioned his, pushed to the sides with a center gap, leaving room for a couple lights.

From a look standpoint, if it fits, I like the look of 6 speakers over 4. I had in my head I was going to put them up there like this .... oOooOo ... but think this would look good as well ... OooooO

Here are the closest two pictures I have of his ... There isn't a whole lot more room. I think the center speakers on each side are against that cross member so you would have to jump that distance to move them center.

Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

21V - I think you probably answered your own question right here...

We wakeboard 50% of the time and surf the other 50% of the time. only time we seam sit and change wieght set ups.

I'd suggest going XM9 because its the "goto" speaker thats most versatile in the line up. If you want 6 cans on your tower... and some do, the Hybrid sounds great. Or if the tower is lower, that would be worth looking into. But from what you've shared, I think for ease of install and tuning, I'd stick with 4 XM9's. The ZLD will give you lots of ability to control the different zones. With any big tower system, you'll want to fade between the cabin and tower zones.

Theres several guys on here that have run the setups your asking about and can chime in with direct real life info.

-Brian

I ran the Hybrid setup for 2 summers.

The plus is it sounds amazing while surfing and in the boat.
    You really need 2 amps to run a Hybrid.
    I ran mine on the Harpoon and it could handle it wiht the PNW weather but i lost a lot of sound at the wakeboard distance.

This time when i did the tower we went with 2 amps and 6 XM9s and a ZLD.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You really need 2 amps to run a Hybrid.
    I ran mine on the Harpoon and it could handle it wiht the PNW weather but i lost a lot of sound at the wakeboard distance.
    Agreed, Dusty's came to life with the second harpoon. His is easily heard at wakeboard distance.

Mike, did you ever happen to measure for 6 xm9's on your old tower?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Agreed, Dusty's came to life with the second harpoon. His is easily heard at wakeboard distance.

Mike, did you ever happen to measure for 6 xm9's on your old tower?
    Yes, no way will it fit. The 6 XM7 / SXTQs filled the tower.

The new Mojo is soo wide, i could actually put a 4th set and it would fit lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

wolff,
    Just one of many opinions but I like the larger speaker in any case no matter how many you are using. While I'm giving the same recommendation as most others on this, here are a few reasons why as I view it. Certainly the collective surface area and power determines the output. Don't overlook that pod displacement can be more critical to midbass extension than even speaker size. I know that may sound contrary to logic but consider this. You can make an 8-inch speaker play low in a quarter cubic foot. But good luck getting a 15-inch speaker to play low in the same. Six smaller pods will sum for more output but won't reach any deeper than a single one. So go with the larger speaker that has the inherent qualities that you want and as many as you can justify or fit.

David

Default Re: Exile speakers on the 21v

Here is a pic of a lost member :screwy: ... Jonyb with a six speaker setup ... Another 24 though. Still not sure if the tower size is the same.

Wolff, I think you were there when i took that pic actually? Bull shoals at Brostock?

Edit ... pic isn't working through phone ... I'll load later

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-27-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Here is the pic of Jonyb's 6 speaker setup.

2016 Moomba Mojo

Thanks for the information.
    I was and still leaning towards the 4 xm9's. If i did the hybrid system i would defently do two amps. I am supose to measure my tower and compair it to a friends 24SSV this weekend.
    2007 supra 21v