Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a 700lb bag on my 08 Outback. It helps, but you will not have a "surfable" wake without that and 6 people and coolers in the boat. Obviously, you can always surf with the handle.

At the slow speeds, my wake plate doesn't seem to make much difference in position. It takes a lot of people or bags to surf an Outback properly. It's nothing like being in a LSV
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Richard, adding a bag to just the rear will creat a very very short shallow wave, really need to add some weight to the side you want to surf to help creat some lenght to the wave. when both bags are full the boat will be leaning over twords your surf side. you want the boat sitting heavy, usually more displacement = better wave. Since the outback is a shallow boat that weight will make it sit real low with the rear corner rub rail just about water level, maybe start with filling both bags 1/2 full and work up to full so you can get a feel for how the boat handles and you can get used to it being so low, it freaks some people out to see a outback that low. Be carefull.
    Thanks for the tip MoombaDaze. I will definitely proceed slowly and carefully if I need to have my pride and joy ride that low in the water. And then there is the problem of me trusting her to another pilot when I surf. Sheesh!
    Richard (LakePerson1952)
    2010 Moomba Outback - Loving it!

Here we are surfing my 02 lsv (goofy) I am running 750 in the rear wakeplate down to lengthen the pocket running about 10.5mph. The rub rail is touching the water and water actually flows over the rear corner when surfing. You better have a good driver lol.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

here is a crappy cell phone video
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"