Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakesurf with an Outback??

Anyone of you guys are doing some wakesurfing with a Outback ? (not outback v). I have a 700 pounds fat sack, and doesn't seems to be enought...I don't know where to put it in the boat ?

So I need you advices.thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    Anyone of you guys are doing some wakesurfing with a Outback ? (not outback v). I have a 700 pounds fat sack, and doesn't seems to be enought...I don't know where to put it in the boat ?

So I need you advices.thanks !
    750 on port side of engine, 750 under rear seat (seat in the upper position), 400 lbs up front & (3) people aprox. 400lbs
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

The "original" wakesurfer on this forum used his outback for a few years to surf. I believe he had 1000 in the back, 750 on the side, plus coolers and people. Be prepared for your rubrail to be a few inches above the water line in order to have a proper surf wake on that boat.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Re: Wakesurf with an Outback??

Probably going to have rubrail IN the water.

You may find some good tips in this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....kesurf+outback
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I was in the "originals" outback surfing one time, at rest the rear corner rub rail was at water level. When surfing water would actually come up and over the top of the little ski locker in the rear.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

700 rear seat sac, 400 along side of doghouse, and 2-400lbs of peeps with 1/2 of them weighted to surf side, or a 300lb bag up in the bow walk way if not enough human weight. rub rail inches above water as stated.
    Be very alert as you'll more than likely take a roller over the bow at some point

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Ok, tanks all..... I think I Will go easy and add à new 700 pounds...And if I dont sink the boat, I Will add more!!

I have an Outback too and I've been talking to my Moomba dealer about outfitting it for surfing. He was on the pro wakeboard circuit at one time. He believes I can get a wave sufficient for beginning to intermediate surfers simply by replacing the bag under the rear bench seat with a larger bag. I don't remember the size but it seems that maybe it was double the volume of the stock bag but with the same footprint. He didn't say anything about me needing to run with my rub-rails in the water so maybe I need to discuss it further with him - LOL
    Richard (LakePerson1952)
    2010 Moomba Outback - Loving it!

Richard, adding a bag to just the rear will creat a very very short shallow wave, really need to add some weight to the side you want to surf to help creat some lenght to the wave. when both bags are full the boat will be leaning over twords your surf side. you want the boat sitting heavy, usually more displacement = better wave. Since the outback is a shallow boat that weight will make it sit real low with the rear corner rub rail just about water level, maybe start with filling both bags 1/2 full and work up to full so you can get a feel for how the boat handles and you can get used to it being so low, it freaks some people out to see a outback that low. Be carefull.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 03-26-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart