Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Check this link out:

http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showth...?5519-Amp-Rack

It is from the Supra site and it shows the glued block method.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Basic understanding for me at this point is to buy wood, glue to walls or bracket to floor then screw amps to that? So I take it floor is okay to drill screws into? What about drilling holes in floor to access ski locker for routing of RCA's to driver side?

depends on the size and number of amps!
    I utilized the hump in the passenger cubby to install 2 JL MHD amps but they have a really small footprint. Bigger amp boards and multiple amps may require different installation. Just another option!
    Pics in my profile if you want to see?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    Basic understanding for me at this point is to buy wood, glue to walls or bracket to floor then screw amps to that? So I take it floor is okay to drill screws into? What about drilling holes in floor to access ski locker for routing of RCA's to driver side?
    Always know what's on the other side before you drill...

Gas tank
    Ballast lines
    Wiring
    Lake

My screws holding to the floor are probably only 3/4" long.

Back when I was a teenage know-it-all I drilled a few holes through the side of my boss's big Sea Ray hull while trying to mount speakers down in the cuddy cabin. That's a mistake you'll only make once.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Tanks jstenger...great link..

Default Where to install my amp

This is my '08 Outback with an Exile Xi800.4 and Harpoon on the side wall, Kicker ZX1000.1 on the back of the bow seat. This is with a custom built battery box and the side brace cut to accommodate the dual battery setup;

Same boat, older system. Kicker ZX700.5, ZX350.4, and ZX100.1 - factory battery location with separate battery boxes;

If its just 1 amp your best bet is to put it on the back of the bow seat; nice and out of the way, far from the floor which is bound for moisture.
    2013 Outback V

Cool Joe!! Thanks

Ok, I also tought of installing the amp just under the glove box

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Quote Originally Posted by jfox8807 View Post
    this is how i did mine. i have an xlv but maybe itll give you some ideas.

Sry for the delay on a response work has been crazy. At first I was gonna reuse the old amp board but it just had to many holes in it. So I just cut me a sheet of treated plywood and coverd it in undercoat for added protection and wrapped it in carpet I had left over from my sub box. Worked out great. I used some 3/4x3/4 aluminum square tubing to make my amp stand offs. Per drilled all my holes then primerd and painted them just to give a little better look.
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Not sure what Jfox did but I've seen several guys remove a small piece of carpet where the hull is, glue wooden/plastic blocks to the hull and then use those blocks as a place to mount an amp panel.

Creating a panel for the amp, opposed to screwing it to the hull will save you time in the cubby and possibly save you from any issues. A local shop around here screwed an amp to that outside wall and sent a screw through the hull of an X2.

I used a panel that goes across the back of the cubby, supported by blocks that were screwed to the floor or the bow seat back. The rack on the right side I did actually screw to the fiberglass but I think I'd go the block route if done again.

I reused the stock location stock screws from the original amp rack that came in the boat. So I was to worried about drilling a hole thru the hull. I have also herd of people pulling back the carpet and glue a pice into screw to. Either way works.
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll