Default Will two batteries be enough?

I have had a single battery. I'm going to install the Blue Sea Add A Battery. I'm also doing some stereo upgrades along with it. My question is will 2 batteries be enough. I will have 3 amps hooked up. I don't sit and listen to the radio for more than an hour. I am usually out wake boarding or surfing. Here are the amps I have.

Kenwood KAC-7205 powering my sub.

A JL XD600/6 for the cabin speakers.

And a JL400/4 for the Rev 10's

I was thinking of running (2) group 27's, will that be sufficient? I'm new to all this stuff so let me know what you guys think.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

I have two group 31 agm batteries. I run a syn 2, a syn4, 1000w class d mono block , an alpine pdx150.4 and a pdx 100.4 amps. We sit in the party cove four 4hrs at a time with no issues. Have an isolator so I could run the spare battery dead and have no starting issues. Don't do it because i've heard its really hard on the batteries. I also have a dash mounted toggle switch that kills the remote on wire for the two syn amps. Have sat all day with it that way

Based on the info, I see no problem with a single group-27 house battery.

Default Re: Will two batteries be enough?

I ran around 1800 watts rms system on two batteries for two years without any issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Will two batteries be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Based on the info, I see no problem with a single group-27 house battery.
    So if I go with a start battery and a group-27 house battery I should be good. Now for the on board charger. Should I go with a prosport 20 or could I get away with a prosport 12. Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    So if I go with a start battery and a group-27 house battery I should be good. Now for the on board charger. Should I go with a prosport 20 or could I get away with a prosport 12. Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Yep! traditional lead-acid group-27 deep-cycle will do perfect, but for a few more bucks, you could step up to a group-29. More amp/hours and uses the same box as a 27.

Yes, go with the 20A.

Go with the 20 amp charger. A ProSport 12 is just fine to service two group 24s. But you are a little over that capacity now with two group 27s and with no room to grow. What MLA said about the group 29 on the stereo bank makes sense. As long as you are investing in a new battery, battery box/lid, cables and terminations, the 27 to 29 upgrade is nothing. Multiple batteries on the stereo bank must be equal. Batteries on separate banks can be a different size although I would prefer to see the same chemistry whether AGM or flooded.

David