Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Fake a lake question

I want to make my own fake a lake that I can connect the garden hose directly into the raw water pump inlet on my 07 OBV. This the first tournament ski boat we owned and I am still learning a lot on the maintenance side of things. Thanks to everyone on here, I have learned a lot already. I got the idea from other post on here but I was hoping someone could post some pictures of what it looks like, so I have an idea what I need to build. Or is it better to just buy a fake a lake from Overtons that just is support under the boat? My fear is it falling off. I guess my other question is when I am getting the boat ready in spring and I hook up the hose can I throttle it to make sure the trans is working without doing damage. I know I can't run it at full throttle, but I just to make sure everything is working before I get on the lake for the first time. Our last boat was an outboard that I just connected the muffs to the outboard, I want to make sure I am doing right thing, so I don't anything stupid .
    Thank you,
    Mike
    2007 Moomba Outback V

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Another option is to hook directly to the vdrive inlet with this:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....7413#post67413

The fake a lake that I have has an adjustable hook on the inside of the plunger portion that hooks onto the inlet screen on the boat. There is no support under the cup. A better way is to splice inline with a fresh water flush kit. Garden hose connects directly to it and it is less labor intensive.

You are only suppose to run at idle, a quick rev probably won't hurt. I wouldn't do it for more than a second or two.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I don't think the fake-a-lakes are that expensive, and they work fine. I have had mine fall over, so it needs an eye kept on it. If it does fall over, once the engine runs out of water, the exhaust note changes, so there is an audible warning.

All I do is take the inlet hose and clamp it to the inside of a cooler... keep a hose in the cooler filling it, but I have a DD. Not sure about the room for a cooler on a V-Drive.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

It sounds like I have options... I have also done more research on this topic on other forums and I saw where a few people have issue with the garden hose collapsing. The cooler idea would solve that issue. I also saw the “Perko Flush Pro” on Overtons, but not sure that is worth spending $100, as I could do the same thing with a few fittings and a ball valve for a ¼ of the cost.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

I wedge a 2" x 6" under the handle end to keep it jammed up tight to the hull. Then again. I've only ever run the engine on it once.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

got store bought fake a lake-handle feels spring loaded to hold it tight against the hull--used it a couple times to run the motor to warm the oil up to change it, no issues with it.

didnt pay for it as I had points on a credit card, still think it would be worth it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I ordered mine online a couple years ago and it has a telescoping leg that you can lock in place once you determine the length you want to set it at. I don't think it was more than $25.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5