Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kracker - are you the guy I read about on WW that printed his enclosures? If so, that takes the cake for being creative. Very cool. This system sounds like it should pound pretty well. Using 4 12" subs is going to be tricky to get set up so they dont cancel out parts of the other speakers output. Where are you looking at location wise for these subs? There is a lot of academics you can read about in multi point canceling on the internet. The best advice on placement is probably to build a couple of temporary enclosure and place them into the proposed locations and fire the system up. I have a hunch you'll see some dramatic performance characteristics as those locations changes.

What are you thinking at this point...? 2 under the helm? and two in the observer locker? ported? sealed?

-Brian

no i didnt have a 3D printer. I built mine from fiberglass. And subs will go in the rear storage lockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker View Post
    no i didnt have a 3D printer. I built mine from fiberglass. And subs will go in the rear storage lockers.

Where are the ballast bags gonna go
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I've written several articles on the subject of multiple subwoofer locations and the ideal locations within the context of an open field environment, like a towboat, which is somewhat different from an enclosed room in a home. There are always trade-offs with subs in the rear storage lockers or split into several different locations. The bottom line is that if you want the raw power of four 12"s then you have to make some compromises. Just no way to get around it.

David

My God, that is a ton of speakers... will you be coming to Bethy Creek with that set up?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

where is bethy creek

the lake we go to is so shallow the ballast actually hurts the wake. plus me and the kids are really just beginers so no need for a monstrous wake.

[QUOTE=Kracker;208833]All Digital Designs
    5 amps
    4 2512's
    ...JL audio free air 10"

QUOTE]

WOW! Awesome!!! And I was worried about the current draw on the system for my pontoon boat when I wanted two 12" subs!

What are you doing for batteries and charging for that system?

Eric.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

'08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

update
    got evertyhing installed . ( about 3 months ago)
    boat was loud but I got a good deal on some bullet hollow point HLCDs . So i installed 4 and another DD ss2 amp.
    needless to say its loud. probably over kill but I love loud sh*t. In fact memorial day we had a live DJ on the boat hooked into the system and rocked out the party cove. Ill post some pics ASAP