Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Jet Skis

Chase boat photos are fun but like viking said they seemed a little inexperienced based on where they were positioned.

Anyways ... you gave me a good excuse to post some chase photos. Check out my BFF Dusty

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Re: Stupid Jet Skis

Happens all the time on race tracks, takes a lot of mental effort to not run over someone.

Especially on a bike or jet ski, you see the guy ahead of you crash you look at the guy crashing if you keep looking at them you run them over or run into whatever your looking at, walls, barricades, sand pits..

Takes a lot of practice, but you have to train yourself not to look at the crash and look where you want to go, the bike follows where you look.. It's actually pretty hard to do, your instinct is to stare at it..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

damn i wish my wake is that big..hopefully this year it will be haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Happens all the time on race tracks, takes a lot of mental effort to not run over someone.

Especially on a bike or jet ski, you see the guy ahead of you crash you look at the guy crashing if you keep looking at them you run them over or run into whatever your looking at, walls, barricades, sand pits..

Takes a lot of practice, but you have to train yourself not to look at the crash and look where you want to go, the bike follows where you look.. It's actually pretty hard to do, your instinct is to stare at it..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Especially with a video camera up to your eyeball. Who the hell wants to look at the open area when there is entertainment happening and not document the crash "you are about to be in" ha ha

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Although it is true you can't lump all jet skiers together, stereotypes typically have some basis in reality. Not sure I would lump jetskis and guns in the same grouping. I would be willing to bet that if you compared the ratio of stupid things gun owners do vs. gun owners, to stupid things jetski riders do vs. jet skis , you would probably see they are not in the same category. I think the difference is that guns seem to demand a certain amount of respect, even from morons. Jet skis - not so much - I think due to the seemingly harmless nature of the PWC and the likelihood of owners to let untrained underage kids to operate them unconctrolled around groups of people. I have friends that own PWC and I don't consider them morons or a$$holes. However, they do exhibit personality traits that I would associate with other PWC owners. Reckless is high among those traits.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Default Stupid Jet Skis

I've had a jet ski of some kind pretty much all of my life since I was 11 years old. If you re-read my post I'm not saying every person that rides a Jet Ski is a moron or a dumba$$. I'm saying its those that do dumb stuff like this that get all the stereotypes associated with Jet Skis...they are the dumba$$es and morons.

I'm not reckless....I'm actually pretty responsible, conservative and not much of a risk taker so your generalization of all people who own/ride jet skis having the same personality traits is a stereotype in itself.

Since I started riding a ski at such a young age and have been around the water my whole life maybe it's because I was taught a respect for these machines and any other type of water activity because any water activity can have grave consequences if you are not careful.

Yeah you can compare skis and guns. You have those that own/use them in a responsible manner because they respect them and have been taught or just have obvious common sense. And you have those who don't respect them and/or don't know the consequences of what can happen when using them and/or don't care.

There are tons of accidental shootings that happen by both those who are familiar with gun and those that are not. Same with Jet skis there are tons of accidents with Jet skis with those who are familiar and those that are not. I'm willing to bet though there are more accidents with guns and skis with people who are not familiar or who haven't taken a class than those that have been around them all their life and/or have taken a class.

Some people are just born dumba$$es whether its with a gun, a car, a jet ski, or whatever. You can't fix stupid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

As much as I dislike jet skis chopping up good water and chasing around your towboat I would place tubers in my #1 slot for most annoying on the water. Our lake is loaded with them and it seems they are all as oblivious to other boats as the next one. The one thing I do appreciate about MN lakes is that jet ski's are not allowed on the water before 9:30 am and have to be off one hour before sunset which still give us the 'good' water.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing a game warden ticketing jet ski's for operating outside of those hours!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

i tube if its nice and choppy out on the lake and if we have the area to ourselfs.. other then that all we do is wakeboat..i had one of theose mini seadoo boats with a boarder behind them basically following me and my buddy boarding...i almost wanted to just stop my boat, pick up my buddy and cuss out that dude with the seadoo boat
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I actually did stop, brought in a rider who was being closely followed by two PWC's jumping our wake, followed them to where they later stopped, and told them exactly what dangerous things they were doing. I also said not to let me see them doing that again. During my approach and spiel, I had two crewmembers obviously taking video and still shots of them.

One of them said "no problem" and indeed I didn't see them misbehaving again that weekend. I think that they were renters from the resort a little down the shoreline. While I did worry a bit about retribution to my boat overnight, I think that their knowledge that we had good pictures of them (complete with registration numbers) was a good disincentive to misbehaviour.

I am keeping those pictures indefinitely, in case we see the same guys at any time in the future.

Of course, I have seen lots of other PWC's on the water over the years, not being bothersome in the least. Which ones stick in my mind now? The ones that created a problem. My guess is that the "creating a problem" wakeboat drivers are also the most notable ones for other folks on the water in some areas, whether it's because of loud tower speakers or a big wake. The thing about PWC's jumping a wake close to a boat, especially towing a rider, is that it's such obvious and wanton danger. They can claim to be stupid, but not to be ignorant of the danger.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Wow this thread is very good. Nothing blows a good day on the lake like a couple jet ski's and a few tubers. On Lake Lanier here in GA there is a specific cove that has a slalom course set up in the middle. All the people that ski on the lake know this area as "Ski Cove". The flat water guys get out there early in the morning and late evening when the water is like glass. Then the wakeboarders hit it for the afternoons. There is a unspoken or sometimes spoken courtesy that the regulars have for one another. Each person takes a few sets and moves to the side of the lake so that another boat can take advantage of the calm lake. When wakeboarding there isn't enough room for more than 2 boats in the cove at the same time usually, plus with 2 wakeboats in there it gets pretty rough.

Sure enough everyone will be taking turns in the cove and eventually a jet ski or a tuber will show up doing figure eights in the middle of the cove. Everyone usually just sits there and stares at them until they get the hint but most people never get the hint and just keep flying all over the place.

I obviously dont own the lake and know that I need to share the water with others but it is ridiculous that these guys get in the only calm spot on the lake and start throwing out their tubes. Many times someone will say something to these guys but me being a non-confrontational type of person just sit there and get severely PO'd and wait for them to finish.

I am thinking about making a sign this year and posting it at the mouth of the cove that says, "10,000.00 fine for tubing in this cove, Skiers and wakeboarders only". Do you think that might detour the idiots?