Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid Jet Skis

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Chase boat photos are fun but like viking said they seemed a little inexperienced based on where they were positioned.

Anyways ... you gave me a good excuse to post some chase photos. Check out my BFF Dusty

OK, so what boat is this. If this is a Moomba please share the setup.

Supra, I think.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Stupid Jet Skis

We run chase boats mainly to scare the hell out of the kids. Teaches them not to fall out, or if they do it only happens once. You can see their little white knuckles from the boat and the look of fear in their faces. Tube rides of terror!
    -Jake

Default Stupid Jet Skis

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Wow this thread is very good. Nothing blows a good day on the lake like a couple jet ski's and a few tubers. On Lake Lanier here in GA there is a specific cove that has a slalom course set up in the middle. All the people that ski on the lake know this area as "Ski Cove". The flat water guys get out there early in the morning and late evening when the water is like glass. Then the wakeboarders hit it for the afternoons. There is a unspoken or sometimes spoken courtesy that the regulars have for one another. Each person takes a few sets and moves to the side of the lake so that another boat can take advantage of the calm lake. When wakeboarding there isn't enough room for more than 2 boats in the cove at the same time usually, plus with 2 wakeboats in there it gets pretty rough.

Sure enough everyone will be taking turns in the cove and eventually a jet ski or a tuber will show up doing figure eights in the middle of the cove. Everyone usually just sits there and stares at them until they get the hint but most people never get the hint and just keep flying all over the place.

I obviously dont own the lake and know that I need to share the water with others but it is ridiculous that these guys get in the only calm spot on the lake and start throwing out their tubes. Many times someone will say something to these guys but me being a non-confrontational type of person just sit there and get severely PO'd and wait for them to finish.

I am thinking about making a sign this year and posting it at the mouth of the cove that says, "10,000.00 fine for tubing in this cove, Skiers and wakeboarders only". Do you think that might detour the idiots?
    Chad, where is this cove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Hard right out of Bald Ridge marina till it ends. This summer I will take you over there if we meet up. No unwanted wake at all till the jet ski's and tubers show up. Its really sweet.

Default Stupid Jet Skis

Hard right out of Bald Ridge marina till it ends. This summer I will take you over there if we meet up. No unwanted wake at all till the jet ski's and tubers show up. Its really sweet.
    Sweet! Sounds like a plan

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Its cool because everyone takes turns usually only 1 boat at a time running the cove, last year someone had the course set up all year. That is really the only place that I go when I'm on the lake. You cant board in the big water unless your just looking for a leg work out. another great place to ski is young dear way back in. If you go all the way back in there its pretty calm but your tuber chances are much higher.

Default Stupid Jet Skis

Its cool because everyone takes turns usually only 1 boat at a time running the cove, last year someone had the course set up all year. That is really the only place that I go when I'm on the lake. You cant board in the big water unless your just looking for a leg work out. another great place to ski is young dear way back in. If you go all the way back in there its pretty calm but your tuber chances are much higher.
    Yeah we hang out in Young Deer and 4 mile most of the time. Usually have pretty good water there. 4 mile can get tight if there are several boats in there. It would be a lot like what you describe if people would take turns. But when we are tied up floating that's where we are.

Tow Rig: