Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've re-hosed my ballast 2 times. First time i was adding longer hoses to the V drive bags and vent lines. I used the Clear with Black corded style from Wake Makers. I personally found it easier to work with. I could cut it easily with a razor knife and i didn't need to heat it up to make it fit on the fittings. Just a little extra elbow grease.

I then gutted the entire system of 3/4 and went to 1inch and reversable pumps.

i used the all black hose the second time. It required a heat gun, also its a lot easier to cut it if you have a hose cutting tool.

It will bend easier then the clear style hose.

Removing both types is a pain and normally requires you to cut it off near the fitting and then cut it long ways on the fitting to peel it off.

Yes you can see the water flowing through the clear. As for how long it allows you to see it, i never had an issue the 2 years i had that hose in my system. The black one you can feel the water move through, also you can pinch it and feel the water pressure as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I prefer the factory black hose from Wakemakers. I would also suggest switching to 1" hose if you still have 3/4".

Definitely go with 1" if you are redoing everything anyway. Don't be afraid to draw up your plan, scan it, and post it on here. You can get some suggestions from the guys on here who have done plenty of these. That way you only order what you need to do it right and only do it once (yea, right, well in theory anyway).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Good idea, headed to get the boat this weekend and will start drawing it up!! Was thinking might as well upgrade to 1" if I'm pulling it all anyways! appreciate all the help guys!
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

Default Wakemakers Ballast Hosing??

The reason I prefer the black hose is that the clear version seems to get brittle at the locations that were heated to insert fittings.

I have used some if both.

Again- just my $0.02.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Riding23 View Post
    Good idea, headed to get the boat this weekend and will start drawing it up!! Was thinking might as well upgrade to 1" if I'm pulling it all anyways! appreciate all the help guys!
    And while you are at it you might as well upgrade to dedicated reversible pumps. Just sayin'.

Our premium hose should be just as durable as the standard stuff, as long as you don't subject it to too much heat.

Feel free to contact us if you have questions about upgrading to larger diameter hose, unless you're making significant changes to the rest of the system it's probably not worth it, as there are other bottlenecks limiting the speed. if you do decide to upgrade to reversible pumps like the '09+ boats then you'll have to change over to 1" hose. We can help make sure you have all of the parts you'll need.