Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Front access to boat.... ladder?

My dad and I recently split a 2008 Moomba LSV. I will obviously get more use for the wakeboard/surf/skiing use of this boat, and I CAN'T stand the Canadian winter this year....the wait is killing me!

Anyways, sometimes my parents like to get dropped off at the beach. As they are not as mobile as they used to be we were wondering if anyone has had some ideas/solutions for easy access off the front of these boats? I have searched alot of things and found a couple things.

This is a basic over the rail solution:
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...rding+Ladders#

This is a mount version. I like the size of this but not sure it would hold with drilling into the front vs the back of a boat (larger surface area):
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...oarding+Ladder

This looked ok also but the guy said its for larger boats and would be hard to store:
    http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopI...E-E61DB390DE29

What do you all think.... or does anybody have anything else?
    2008 Mobius LSV - Red/Grey, Upgraded Kicker, Z5 Bimini, Gravity 3+, Heater

Why not unload off the back?

Second this suggestion if at all possible. Swim step to knee deep water is much easier transition for the folks than swinging a leg up over the side and trying to plant it while maintaining balance. My folks are in their 70's and this is about the only way any more at the beach. Dad has tried to half hop half drag himself into the bow and although its hilarious to watch I'm fearful of him breaking or straining something (on himself or the boat...)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

another vote for using the swim platform vrs mounting something on the front.

one thing that could make it easier is to have the rear ballast filled so the platform is down lower
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    another vote for using the swim platform vrs mounting something on the front.

one thing that could make it easier is to have the rear ballast filled so the platform is down lower
    Ever have any problems with hitting the prop when you unload from the platform?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SaskLSV View Post
    My dad and I recently split a 2008 Moomba LSV. I will obviously get more use for the wakeboard/surf/skiing use of this boat, and I CAN'T stand the Canadian winter this year....the wait is killing me!

Anyways, sometimes my parents like to get dropped off at the beach. As they are not as mobile as they used to be we were wondering if anyone has had some ideas/solutions for easy access off the front of these boats? I have searched alot of things and found a couple things.

This is a basic over the rail solution:
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...rding+Ladders#

This is a mount version. I like the size of this but not sure it would hold with drilling into the front vs the back of a boat (larger surface area):
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...oarding+Ladder

This looked ok also but the guy said its for larger boats and would be hard to store:
    http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopI...E-E61DB390DE29

What do you all think.... or does anybody have anything else?
    I'm sorry to say none of these will really work on a wakeboard boat of this type.

First one, no place on the front you can put that and it would really be usefull. With the angle of the front hull, plus the grab rail location it just wont really work. That type of ladder is intended to have the hull behind it adding support.

The second wont work for the same reasons as the first.

The third is the closest to working and the only real feasible place it will work is is on the side of the boat just behind the tower. Yet the tower will still be in the way.

These boats are intended to be loaded and unloaded from the side at a dock, or the rear in the water.
    As the guys above mentioned its easiest to swing the rear of the boat around, and let them step off the back into the water.

You will need to be mindful of rocks, and grounding the prop, so know the depth at all times in that shallow of water.

Mastercraft and a couple other boats do have ladders off the nose of the boat but its a different style, smaller and much more stable, being designed for use at the bow.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The girls use the front ladder on the MC as a bathroom when it's too cold to take the plunge. Having messed around with it, it is unstable and narrow, so once you overcome the ladder swinging out towards you when you climb up it you have a very unnatural transition to the bow of the boat. I have yet to figure out a graceful way to swing my leg from the narrow ladder into the bow of the boat. It takes quite a bit of upper body strength.
    You have to load them from the back. Pull up, get out, spin the boat, and hold the swim deck at that perfect depth where your rudder isn't hitting and let them on/off.
    -Jake

Hey... where abouts in Sask are you? I put my boat in on Long Lake at the regional park at the north end
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Ever have any problems with hitting the prop when you unload from the platform?
    I'm usually in sand when I do it but typically will jump out and hold the back of the boat and offer a hand so I know I'm keeping it deep enough for a little sinking when they hit the platform. My platform sits pretty much level with the water at rest so it will drop a bit when standing on it. I have hit the rudder/prop a few times but they're sinking into the sand.

I'd be real leery about doing this if it were rocky and stay out a little deeper.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I beach the boat in the baby soft sand. Let them climb out over the bow or swim off the back. If they can't do this then you better hope they are wearing a life jacket cuz they probably can't swim either.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!