Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I would love to know why the design engineers of all 3 main prods mentioned (Krypt, ZLD, WS420) went and put the gain adjustments on top of the units rather than on the bottom. Making any adjustments after install is a royal PITA because of the mounting bracketry wizardry that has to come apart in order to drop the thing down and access the adjustments. It's easier for me to climb into my compartment to adjust the amps than in it is to drop down the EQ to adjust gains.

Why not put those on the bottom instead?

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

^^^^ This x 100. It's a serious pita.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

David,

Knowing that the noise is present when the engine and blower are running is good info. In my experience, most calls I get or boats that come in with a hum/hise type noise when the engine is running and have a dual battery bank, almost always leads back to where the head-unit/source unit, obtain their B+. Its usually battery A and the amps are drawing from battery B. Other cases, theres an EQ or similar that may have its B+ run to the same battery as the amps, but its GND is grounded to the helm BUSS. Even though the boats entire ground plane goes back the battery bank and engine block, we sometimes find the need to relocate that EQ ground over directly to the battery and an amp's GND lug. Next up would be the gains, whether its and EQ or an amp, if they are too high, normal noise in the system can be amplified to a point of being audible.

I would start there, then we can did deeper if needed.

Thats a first gen WS-420. havent seen one in about 4 years. The gains are fixed (set at the factory) and no holes exist now.

So what I'm hearing is I need to swap my Krypt for the WS unit.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Help remember what it is

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Seems like I've seen it needs to be opposite of that process JM. I can't recall.

David?
    Oops I got it bassakwards.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    So what I'm hearing is I need to swap my Krypt for the WS unit.
    If the krypt sounds fine I wouldn't not spend the 299 on ws, if its gone bad then sure thing.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    If the krypt sounds fine I wouldn't not spend the 299 on ws, if its gone bad then sure thing.
    $299? You can get those all day long for $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Berg,
    As MLA noted, that was the first gen WS EQ. Wetsounds provided rubber inserts to seal the holes but after owners used the gains they often did not re-install the inserts. This became the number one entry point for water. So Wetsounds eliminated the externally available option. While they fixed that they introduced protected switches on the face and cured another corrosion issue. There are numerous other revisions and refinements that followed.
    This is a single sided circuit board (all components on the top side) with limited real estate and very dense coverage so if you are going to include adjustments they must be topside, on the back panel or front panel. Underneath is not an option.

David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Ok this maybe be some more helpful stuff to my issue. Noise only exist when the boat is running and is even louder when I run the blower

Sent from my iPhone
    David,
    MLA is correct in his assessment of your noise.
    I can give you a sequential step-by-step presciption to isolate and confirm the noise source. Once you isolate the cause the fix is a walk in the park. No more specualtion. Noise is gone.
    David