Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Help remember what it is

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Agreed, I've read both are top notch. Definitely the two go to ones. My krypt has never let me down but i think it is introducing some "noise" into the line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I've had some "noise" with both. I belie in my case this is more due to my sub box design. The hole in the hump in front of the drivers seat has been reduced to the size of a quarter or so causing everything that goes thru there to be majorly compressed together. RCAs, accessory power cable, and everything else.

I dunno, audio experts, does this seem like it could be the cause?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

With the Wetsounds WS420 you CAN retain sub volume while rocking the tower. If you want tower and sub only without any or reduced in-boat contribution then it is a simple $13 LC-1 addition. Or, you can use the gain on the paragraphic bass control to boost the bass as you attenuate the in-boat speakers. In either case, it is just a matter of understanding the Wetsounds' full capabilities.
    Then add in the features and build quality only found on the Wetsounds EQ.
    Many consider the PA invaluable when training.
    Dual zone equalizers (two complete equalizers in one chassis) so you can custom tailor either zone without messing up the other.
    Build quality is a huge factor with the Wetsounds EQ plus the multiple revisions that are a result of marine experience. Consider these qualities exclusive to the Wetsounds EQ:
    Encapsulated front panel switches. Otherwise a prime location for water damage.
    Sealed chassis on top. Ditto. One of the many revisions from experience.
    Fully encased front panel pots. Ditto.
    Rear chassis-mounted RCA jacks. Would you buy an amplifier where there was no strain relief on the RCA jacks and the heavy connecting RCA cables, with the only thing holding the jacks in place is the solder on the circuit board which also must conduct the signal? Encountering chop in a boat is very different than hitting the occasional pothole in a vehicle.

David

I have had all three, ws on the old boat, Krypt on the new boat , zld waiting for spring to be installed.
    I likes the ws a lot and ish I would have kept it, Krypt I got a deal on so could not pass it up, works just fine like the ws, want to try the zld to have more effective control over the system as the I should be able to set it and forget while out on the water. I find myself adjusting the previous two all the time tweaking the system. That can be good and bad.

my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

[QUOTE=rdlangston13;208665]I've had some "noise" with both. I belie in my case this is more due to my sub box design. The hole in the hump in front of the drivers seat has been reduced to the size of a quarter or so causing everything that goes thru there to be majorly compressed together. RCAs, accessory power cable, and everything else.

I dunno, audio experts, does this seem like it could be the cause?

David,
    It is definitely possible for noise to be induced through the air with crossing cables but unlikely unless the cables are in close proximity and in parallel over some distance. This type of noise is generally spikes and spurious interference, rather than hiss.
    Hiss (known as 'thermal noise'), in varying degress, usually accompanies any external signal processor. The biggest cause of hiss is a roller coaster ride in the gain structure. An EQ must significantly reduce the incoming voltage in order to make it managable for the internal low level IC chips to manipulate the signal. Then it multiplies the gain at its output. With each up and down or down and up the noise floor tends to raise. And HLCDs certainly do nothing to disquise the hiss.
    Some have placed a small line driver between a weaker source unit output and the EQ input or between an ipod-direct into an EQ with a near total elimination of audible hiss. But careful not to saturate the EQ input.

David

in other words adjust the gain down on the eq to eliminate hiss and raise the gains on the amps to raise ouput...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Seems like I've seen it needs to be opposite of that process JM. I can't recall.

David?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    in other words adjust the gain down on the eq to eliminate hiss and raise the gains on the amps to raise ouput...
    No sir. That could contribute to the roller coaster gain ride and actually cause more noise.
    The EQ input gain is set related to two things only....the amount of clean voltage exiting the source unit and the amount of clean voltage exiting the EQ. One impacts the other. The amplifier input gain is then set according to the amount of clean power exiting the amplifier. in every sequential step of the process you are attempting to balance the maximum potential dynamic range and power with the noise floor.

David

I've used 2 JL Audio in-line driver controls for the last few seasons. Simple, inexpensive, and effective. Have one for my towers and one for my sub. Both knobs under the dash right at driver's fingertips.

Only thing I wish I had was an HSE Revolution to automatically adjust the volume (ya...good luck on that one)

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

One more detail worth mentioning...One of the keys to creating a well-tuned system with low noise is to avoid placing too much impetus for gain multiplication on any single gain stage of any single component in the signal path. Balance is huge.

Odin, one of my coworkers, has been doing live sound engineering for years on the weekends and in the evenings. He is so dialed in on the process of managing gain structure. Just imagine what a cluster convergence it is when every new band rolls in with different mics, different gear and different preferences but without knowing the environmental conditions in a particualr venue interfacing with different gear. Boats are a breeze after that.

David

Default Help remember what it is

Ok this maybe be some more helpful stuff to my issue. Noise only exist when the boat is running and is even louder when I run the blower

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD