Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Help remember what it is

Hey guys, what is that thing you can wire to your system to control the subs, towers, cabins indivudually? Would it work with stock HU?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

zld ?, from Exile
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The WS-420 and Kicker ZXM-RLC are a true independent zone volume control. A traditional automotive-based EQ will use fade. This method divides the output level, where as the WS-420 offers 5V out for each chnl and the ZXM zone controller offers a full 9V line level output on each chnl. The WS-420 is two interdependent 4 band Parametric EQ

Just some differences to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Ahhh, yes, the ZLD. Are they hard to hook up?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Hey guys, what is that thing you can wire to your system to control the subs, towers, cabins indivudually? Would it work with stock HU?
    An EQ or line driver/controller will work with any source unit that has a single set RCA preout....although an RCA out isn't necessarily required.
    Those that have a basic source unit with modest voltage and who are running a full system with external amplification can add an EQ or line driver/controller to put off replacement of their source unit indefinitely.

If you are on a budget you could get an EQ as cheap as $39 like an Absolute EQ400 for example. There are tons of options based on this common car stereo platform from the early '90s when amplifiers still had no internal crossovers.

Or, look at the fully loaded, more sophisticated Wetsounds WS420 EQ/PA system.

If you want to keep things simple, the Kicker or JL Audio line drivers provide convenient zone controls flushed into or under the driver's dash at your fingertips. However, all the active electronics remain with the source unit and amplifiers on the port side. So you are not extending the signal path or running long to and from RCAs (four sets to be exact). These line drivers operate by true remote control.

David

I think I left out the word Volume. Control the volumes individually.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Default Re: Help remember what it is

They are super easy to hook up. Next time I'm near my boat I'll take some pics. Its three wires. Simple.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Thank you, I was just looking on the Exile Site. Looks do-able. I reckon I'll head over to the blood bank and try to danate 200.00 worth of blood.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Another good option is the Clarion 7-band EQ. Pretty much all the same bells and whistles with an expanded EQ. The EQ, supply B+ and ground, remote lead, fusing at the source and four long RCA cables would run about $100. So about half the blood.

David