Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    What is this wizardry you speak of?
    the great wizard of technology.

there are footpod's that you put inside nike shoes, or you can attach to the laces of other shoes. the footpod talks to the device and you can get reading for pace, distance, etc. iphone/ipod can do it also, but then you have to carry your phone, either on shoulder, belt, or hand. the trick is to get a calibration factor for the footpod or ipod that will correctly average your pace, stride length, etc. i have had both good and bad experience with these. for short distance, the error is usually not significant.

who cares if you if you are off by .5 miles in a 6 mile run, if it takes an hour to do it, not a big deal, it is close. one of my bad experiences was on a long trail run that i did not really know where i was or how much farther i had to go. i knew the run was about 60 miles, at 64 (according to the device), i was really ready to be finished. after another 4 miles i got where i needed to be and was happy.

i did a 75 mile run and the foot pod was right on. i did a 100 and it recorded 112.

i do agree, that my arms would get tired holding the ipad watching movies. and the eating and drinking, but i don't drink adult beverages.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Let's see, a 75 mile run would take me about 4-6 weeks. That's a lot of food and water to carry.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Need. Help treadmill iPad mount

SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Yeah, but do they make a watertight bag that fits it?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    That's the key ingredient right Dusty

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I actually prefer to cover the screen on the treadmill when I run, If I could just shut it off then I would. I find it harder to run when I know how much further I have to go. I like to just forget about the fact that I'm on the treadmill running, I like to just listen to music and think about my day or getting out on the boat.

Not to hijack the thread but I have been having issue with my knees on the treadmill, does anyone else have these issues. I just get soreness in my knee on the inside after running for a few weeks, It progressively gets worse. The only way for it to get better is to lay off for a while which is very frustrating to me. I run about 3-3.5 miles a day. I have never had a major knee problem and dont feel any clicking or anything when I walk its just on the inside of the knee

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I actually prefer to cover the screen on the treadmill when I run, If I could just shut it off then I would. I find it harder to run when I know how much further I have to go. I like to just forget about the fact that I'm on the treadmill running, I like to just listen to music and think about my day or getting out on the boat.

Not to hijack the thread but I have been having issue with my knees on the treadmill, does anyone else have these issues. I just get soreness in my knee on the inside after running for a few weeks, It progressively gets worse. The only way for it to get better is to lay off for a while which is very frustrating to me. I run about 3-3.5 miles a day. I have never had a major knee problem and dont feel any clicking or anything when I walk its just on the inside of the knee
    Sounds like an interior meniscus issue to me sir. I'm no knee expert but from the description your giving I'd say a minor tear or minimum stretched per say

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    lifeproof for the iphone. the footpod that i have seems to be water proof, has been through many rains, snows, streams, crossing and soaking, and still works.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Figures, I'm an android guy
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's