Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LSV for reasons above unless, your boating on a size limit lake, wont fit into storage, tow vehicle not big enough.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I was initially leaning towards the OBV until I came to the realization that there just wasn't a big enough difference between the new OBV and my current direct drive that could justify spending that much. They were so similar in length, freeboard and weight that I decided to dig a little deeper and get a boat that would be significantly different for me.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Default Opinions on new purchase???

Better act fast!
    http://chico.craigslist.org/boa/3619054999.html

Not even 35 hours a year!
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    I was initially leaning towards the OBV until I came to the realization that there just wasn't a big enough difference between the new OBV and my current direct drive that could justify spending that much. They were so similar in length, freeboard and weight that I decided to dig a little deeper and get a boat that would be significantly different for me.
    I went through much the same thing. Prior to 2006, the LSV had a shallower freeboard. It might have been the exact same hull as the OBV (someone feel free to correct or confirm). It's more like a mini-XLV now. I went for the XLV.

To the OP: have you considered whether you can adapt your current boat for a few hundred dollars' worth of ballast bags to your new interests? For example, Fly High makes a 1000 lb surf bag in an L shape that you can put in either corner of the stern, on the bench seats. I do not want to encourage you to stick with a "wrong" boat for your needs, but this might suffice for a couple of years until you could possibly afford an upgrade that offers "doubt removal".

As moombadaze noted, moving up in boat size might also necessitate an upgrade in your tow vehicle as well.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Thanks for ask the info... looks like LSV will meet our needs better, just might have to wait for that"right" boat to show up....much like the DD we bought...took two years to 12find it but it was a steal... 08 with 60hrs bought it in April 12
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

I assume you've seen this one in the boats 4 sale thread:

http://macon.craigslist.org/boa/3542007399.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    stole this pic from another thread
    Still don't see "adults" sitting up there. Maybe one gal or one gal and a kid but I've never seen more than one adult in the front of one of those.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    stole this pic from another thread
    Hey I know these people! Yeah, can't say we have had more than one adult up there at a time, but the kids and/or dog are up there all the time. We would have looked harder at an LSV too, but wife and I are skiers only, so to us the slightly better ski wake was worth a 1 foot shorter boat.
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Default Opinions on new purchase???

I went with OBV because I wanted a v-Drive that I could still slalom behind. The LSV wake is brutal for skiing, even at higher speeds, while the OBV wake is actually great at 30+
    2013 Outback V

I was trying not to knock the NG OBV b/c I love the boat. I think it is probably the best crossover boat there is right now if you don't need the extra space, especially up front. Our skiing went from the primary activity to one or two people doing one or two runs all day when we are out. Plus there's usually at least 8 of us if not more on board. If I was a one kid family and still skied like I used to I'd probably be rocking the OBV -- and it would fit better in the garage. The most amazing thing to me about the OBV is that it does throw a nice little wake for skiing but can still be set up to surf very nicely. I don't know of any other boat that does both of those things.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!