Thread: Diesel Ram 1500

Hybrid View

Default Diesel Ram 1500

going to be offered for sale 3 quater of this year

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Diesel Ram 1500

It's about freaking time someone did this! I hope they tune it for more power than what comes in the jeep tho

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I honestly think Ford and GM are missing a grand opportunity! We've been talking about how much we wish we had a lighter duty diesel truck around home. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 250, but there are times that I wish I had a lighter duty truck mainly because the darn thing is so big and drinks fuel more than the lighter duty trucks would!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

I don't think it's about ford/chevy missing the boat. from what I understand, smaller 1/2ton diesels have not been around due to the impact on the gov't cafe numbers. 3/4ton don't play into average economy numbers so they have been "exempt" so to speak. would be interesting to see how this vehicle is going to play into dodge's overall fuel picture.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

yaaawwwnnnn.... unless they come out with better numbers than what the jeep did this thing is going to get spanked by the eco boost 365hp 420ft lbs torque !!!!
    2007 Outback V

This is where i see it going.

I have been watching and reading plenty in the Diesel market and even right now it says its in testing.
    Id love to see a Diesel 1/2 ton, i think it would help to bring diesel fuel down as it would become more mainstream.

They say they truck will be able to pull at least 10K and wiht 240 Hp 420 torque it just might do ok.

The downside i see is that with those power numbers, it would be a dog still pulling up hills much the same as your normal gas truck. I dont think its enough power to pull a hill with a big trailer and not lose momentum like a gas truck does. IDK maybe it will do better with a 6speed trans, but most of the time the extra gears they add to the trans are high end highway gears.

Driving the TDI my main complaint is at highway speeds since it lacks larger HP numbers it has no guts to pass over 60 mph. Below 45 its a beast and spins the tires at will.

I think the Eco Boost will stay on top in this battle for now

I would how ever love to see a 1/2 ton diesel live up to Diesels reputation and take the lead in the 1/2 ton truck market.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Diesel Ram 1500

At Cove I can call out the Cummins when they come over the hill, you can't beat the sound the straight six makes, especially when they are loaded putting down a ton of torque on a steep grade.

As if the numbers the 3.5l ecoboost aren't impressive here comes the little 3.0l that could. I think the success of the ecoboost helped push this along. Fords price point helped the ecoboost so I hope dodge doesn't want to charge too much for it.

With an 8 speed Trans and diesel characteristics this thing could be a great boat puller that gets good mileage loaded and unloaded. Although I'm not in love with the roots of this v6.
    -Jake