Thread: Wtb

Default Wtb

Hello. Looking to purchase a boat. I am flexible on options depending on price. I am in Colorado, it would be hard to go the coasts or deep south. The only thing I can think of as a must is dual axle trailer. My max amount to spend is 26-27k. Would like to not spend more then 20k but I can step up for the right boat. You can message me here & I will get back to you promptly.

Somebody posted this up in the clist ad section. A little bit of a stretch as he is right at your $27 max and you'll have to ship it/come get it. Might be able to get him to split shipping cost with you. Look up shippers online & get some quotes. I looked up boathaulingus.com and they state $2 per mile, so you're looking at maybe $3k extra.

posted what?

sorry, forgot to paste the link in

http://macon.craigslist.org/boa/3542007399.html

It may be more helpful if you describe what you are looking for. Do you want a wake, surf, or ski boat? DD or Vdrive. EFI or Carb?

Just a thought.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    It may be more helpful if you describe what you are looking for. Do you want a wake, surf, or ski boat? DD or Vdrive. EFI or Carb?

Just a thought.
    Good point. Wake surf is important, wake boarding is 2nd then turbing & floating. Vdrive only. We have lots of DD's here, we thought about it but in the end we would just rather get what we want now instead of settling. I just assumed all the new boats were EFI. I think I have decided I do not want factory installed ballast. I would just rather get fat sacks. I didn't even think about blowing out the lines in the winter, not sure how the pumps are too change but it just seems easier to deal with fat sacks. If I am wrong, please let me know.

What is the difference between the LSV, mobius & outback hulls?

Also I am not dead set on Moomba, I like them, but I dig other boats too

You're wrong.

If you are that heavy on surfing, then you do need a V-drive and at your budget, you're shopping the right brand.

The differences are a bit hard to follow, but I'll give it a shot. Somebody correct me if I get this wrong.

From 2002/3 to 2005 the LSV was a 20' boat. The Mobius designated it as a wakeboard package with tower, etc.
    In 2006, the LSV was redesigned into a 21.5' boat that was also much deeper. The old LSV hull became the Outback V hull. Mobius designation was similar, but you could order some items as options.

In 2009, the Outback V hull was redesigned. It was shortened a bit and the bow area of the hull was made deeper.

In 2013, the LSV hull was redesigned and overall freeboard was increased.

The LSV has long been the best selling model in the Moomba lineup. Hardly ever do you hear a bad thing said about the 2006+ model year LSV's.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 02-13-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Default Wtb

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    Wake surf is important, I think I have decided I do not want factory installed ballast. I would just rather get fat sacks. If I am wrong, please let me know.
    IMO your dead wrong homie. I run 750's in the corner and will upgrade to 1100's here soon. I also have some fat sacks that I fill with a tsunami pump until I can get around to the IBS and those fat sacs are a PITA, not to mention the kind of space they will take up inside your boat. no way would I dream about not having a ballast system over 1700+ lbs of fat sacs..Viva La Gravity III

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV