Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

hahaha that is small world!
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Quote Originally Posted by ditchsnake View Post
    I ordered an extra hub ass. from boatmate and they are sending some 3/8 and 1/2 shims along with it. The local dealer here usually puts the OJ468 prop which is 14.25 dia. and they say they don't have issues with clearance. I have 11/4" clearance now to the prop guard so shims on the bunks sounds like a good idea.
    I shimmed mine 1/2in, only did the 2 rear supports and did it with the boat on the trailer..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Seems to me that Al Cab did a write up where he choose the 1847 prop liking it on the test results.
    Later he sold the prop as he found out he really didnt like it.
    Mike, this is incorrect. I was running the 537 then switched to the 1847 which I am still running today. I am perfectly happy with it.

ditchsnake, here is the link to the prop testing that I did a while back:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ight=prop+test

Note this excerpt from that post, which sold me on the 1847 over the 1433:

"Which brings me to the little known 1847, which is the same diameter (14") and pitch (14.25") as the 1433 but has more cup (0.150" vs 0.105"). According to Jim at Acme, the additional cup has the effect of almost an inch of additional pitch on the top end with negligible loss of holeshot on the bottom end. And it turns fewer rpms than the 1433 at the same speed. "

Since you are operating at high altitude and running 1600# of ballast, I would go with the 1433 over the 1847, and would even consider the 1235. The downside to a bigger prop is obviously a slight loss in fuel economy and some mph on the top end. However, if you boat primarily on Cherry Creek or Chatfield (yes, I used to live in the Denver area), those are small reservoirs so you are not spending much time traveling from the dock to the riding spot so neither fuel economy or top end is much of a concern.
    Last edited by cab13367; 02-12-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

1847 and never look back, killer prop! And as cab noted, the extra cup helps a little bit with the top end.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Thanks cab, I always enjoy reading your posts. Since you lived in Denver you know cherry creek and chatfield suck. And they really don't like my stereo there. We hit pueblo about every weekend. Just costs a lot for gas. Drive sucks too.but its way more fun and far less boats. Even there it's only a mile from the dock to our boarding spot. Cab, thats the same thing Jim @acme told me. My max rpm is about 5000 empty. You think the 1847 will run short of that. Max rpm is 5200 on my boat. I wonder why the local dealer loves the OJ468 prop on my boat? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Mike, this is incorrect. I was running the 537 then switched to the 1847 which I am still running today. I am perfectly happy with it.

"Which brings me to the little known 1847, which is the same diameter (14") and pitch (14.25") as the 1433 but has more cup (0.150" vs 0.105"). According to Jim at Acme, the additional cup has the effect of almost an inch of additional pitch on the top end with negligible loss of holeshot on the bottom end. And it turns fewer rpms than the 1433 at the same speed. "

Since you are operating at high altitude and running 1600# of ballast, I would go with the 1433 over the 1847, and would even consider the 1235. The downside to a bigger prop is obviously a slight loss in fuel economy and some mph on the top end. However, if you boat primarily on Cherry Creek or Chatfield (yes, I used to live in the Denver area), those are small reservoirs so you are not spending much time traveling from the dock to the riding spot so neither fuel economy or top end is much of a concern.

Hey ditch,
    I'm in Denver, i usually ride cherry creek, cuz i am 5 minutes from there.
    i have an ACME prop that i upgraded to from the OJ wakeboard prop, , i think it was 14x14.25, whatever, im not too good on the details. in fact, i am not even sure which ACME i have. i think it is the 1847? i don't remember, i get confused with all the numbers that don't mean much to me. ill be getting in the boat soon to do my winter stereo work, i can look at the prop then.

you are probably not riding in the winter now, but i may not be opposed to pulling mine prop and going for a ride with you for a demo, when the lake opens up.

but you may make the decision sooner and just buy the prop.

we are much happier with the ACME than the OJ, i dont really remember a top end difference, i can't hit 40 here, the hole shot seemed better when we are loaded. it is much quieter than the OJ.

thanks
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    Hey ditch,
    I'm in Denver, i usually ride cherry creek, cuz i am 5 minutes from there.
    i have an ACME prop that i upgraded to from the OJ wakeboard prop, , i think it was 14x14.25, whatever, im not too good on the details. in fact, i am not even sure which ACME i have. i think it is the 1847? i don't remember, i get confused with all the numbers that don't mean much to me. ill be getting in the boat soon to do my winter stereo work, i can look at the prop then.

you are probably not riding in the winter now, but i may not be opposed to pulling mine prop and going for a ride with you for a demo, when the lake opens up.

but you may make the decision sooner and just buy the prop.

we are much happier with the ACME than the OJ, i dont really remember a top end difference, i can't hit 40 here, the hole shot seemed better when we are loaded. it is much quieter than the OJ.

thanks
    Thats a great offer. I think the oj prop is a 14.25x14 and the 1433/1847 is a 14x14.25. No ice on pueblo but the weather is gonna suck for the next couple of weeks. I'm scared I'd get runover at the creek. especially the weekends. Last 2 years we've boarded the second weekend of march. Water is cold but doable with a drysuit. Wife even gets in with a wet suit. She got a new board and boots so she's stoked. Sounds like this is going to be a work in progress. Thanks, Gene

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post

Thanks for jumping on and fixing that Al, i wasnt positive but i knew one of the props you wernt as happy with lol.

Nice to see you back online man
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks cab, I always enjoy reading your posts. Since you lived in Denver you know cherry creek and chatfield suck. And they really don't like my stereo there. We hit pueblo about every weekend. Just costs a lot for gas. Drive sucks too.but its way more fun and far less boats. Even there it's only a mile from the dock to our boarding spot. Cab, thats the same thing Jim @acme told me. My max rpm is about 5000 empty. You think the 1847 will run short of that. Max rpm is 5200 on my boat. I wonder why the local dealer loves the OJ468 prop on my boat? Thanks
    If your current 13.75x15.5 will run to 5000 rpm, then the lower pitched 1847 should easily run past that. I think either Nettles or Acme will let you return the prop for a different one if you don't like it and all you are out is the cost of shipping it back.

I bought my boat new from RoMoBoCo in Pueblo and test drove/rode on Pueblo Res. Picked it up in Jan '07 and promptly towed it to Portland.

Yeah, the only time I went to Cherry Creek was after work, usually on a Monday or Tuesday. I would tow it to work then leave at 3:30 and headed straight for the res. I never went there on weekends. The boating scene here is so much better

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Thanks for jumping on and fixing that Al, i wasnt positive but i knew one of the props you wernt as happy with lol.

Nice to see you back online man
    No worries Mike. I guess I better get on here more often
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thats a great offer. I think the oj prop is a 14.25x14 and the 1433/1847 is a 14x14.25. No ice on pueblo but the weather is gonna suck for the next couple of weeks. I'm scared I'd get runover at the creek. especially the weekends. Last 2 years we've boarded the second weekend of march. Water is cold but doable with a drysuit. Wife even gets in with a wet suit. She got a new board and boots so she's stoked. Sounds like this is going to be a work in progress. Thanks, Gene
    yes, there is the crowd at cherry creek. when we go to ride, it is a dawn patrol, or week nite. we are usually on when they open after the ice is gone. mostly in drysuits, some in wetsuits.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved