Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Nobody has stated that Class-A/B is bad, garbage, junk, etc, but yes, the technology is outdated. Is there an audible difference between mobile class-a/b and D, not by my ears as ive heard the same speakers driven by both types of amps in the same environment.

Carburated engines are awesome, but the technology is outdated and EFI clearly has its advantages in fuel mileage, emissions and driveability. I love to drive around town in an old hot rod, but when its time to take a long trip on the highway, its not carb's classic i pull out of the garage. If someone looking at two similar boats, one EFI and the other Carb'd, I would suggest the EFI with out hesitation and of reasons to stand behind that rec. It doesnt mean carbs are bad, its just that EFI is better. And that whats being stated here in RE to amp power supplies.

DVD's are great, but its outdated and going away as Blu-Ray gains ground. I still have a DVD surround, but I also have a game console for the Blu-Rays I buy. When I bought a disk player for the shop, I got one that plays both.

With all we ask of our marine audio gear, yet we are limited to a battery bank and alternator while on the water for a day, it is a completely, 100% relevant topic to have when someone is designing a boat stereo system. Once they are informed about the differences and advantages, they can then decide which route they want to go.

For the love of all things Audio, please do not lock this thread.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Mike,
    I quote from your post, "There are sooo many out there, MLA and Dave both know amps very very well and push the Digi amps pretty hard on here. It sometimes surprises me they do though,..."
    Check out that final sentence. It looks like kinda of a passive/aggressive thing. It would appear that you were stepping on my post as you did mention me by name. I could be wrong?
    With certainty, I did not reference you until you referenced my name. Prior to that we offered independent opinions freely.

Mike,
    You reached out to me privately and posted up before I had a chance to respond privately. I did respond though. Take me up on my offer and we will fix this.

David

Dave you read into that wrong

I was saying it surprises me that you push the digi amps so hard compared to I never see you push AB amps and there is a lot of good high end ones out there.

I will take you up on threw offer to email you but id rather talk to you so communication isn't like this.

Maybe I should just stop by next time I'm in Texas.

@KG my intentions are never to post inaccurate info. Sorry you or if anyone else feels this way about my posts.

Ilk back off this thread and back out of audio threads as well.
    I have backed out of audio allot so these things don't happen.

I agree moderators don't need to lock the thread
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default 2013 audio overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    For the love of all things Audio, please do not lock this thread.
    lmao, I don't know anything close to anything about stereo stuff but I love these threads

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

"Dave....Maybe I should just stop by next time I'm in Texas."

Mike,
    That would be awesome to see you in Texas. You are welcome anytime. Is there any chance while you are here that you would be interested in particiapating in the amplifier blindfold test? Let me know.

David

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    "Dave....Maybe I should just stop by next time I'm in Texas."

Mike,
    That would be awesome to see you in Texas. You are welcome anytime. Is there any chance while you are here that you would be interested in particiapating in the amplifier blindfold test? Let me know.

David
    Absolutly, i will be down in August for the Moomba Texas Jam. I will be flying into Dallas.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: 2013 audio overhaul

I cant think of one reason why I should not participate in this test, if the invite is extended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by dusty2221; 02-13-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I think that is a great idea. We've got some very opinionated folks on here who each have at least a bit of knowledge. Sometimes the stating of opinions can sound like stating of fact. Sometimes people overstate. Sometimes they perceive a slight or attack where none is intended. Healthy debate is good. We don't have to agree but we have to respect each other and the right to air our opinions even when they seem a bit ridiculous to others. So meet up and have a beer and laugh it off before we ban each of you guys for a month for whining!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I want to participate! PICK ME!

Then afterwards we a can all go to Sneaky Petes and have some beer and Crawfish!
    Last edited by rdlangston13; 02-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD