Thread: Hull protection

Hybrid View

Default Hull protection

After just digging out from another 12+" of snow, my thoughts keep turning towards boating season which seems a long ways away from where I'm standing...With a new boat on the way I'm wondering what would be the best way to protect the hull from sun damage since it will be siting on a boat lift 4-5 months out of the year. Is there a wax or other polish that works well to prevent fading from sun exposure?

I also plan on putting some 3M protective film by the swim platform and over the gunwales on the driver side which is where we will be climbing in/out of from the dock. I've seen the dealer wrap my vehicles in it and looks a little tricky with curves and cutting the film appropriately. But, I was thinking I might be able to handle this job since it is all straight lines on the boat. Has anyone ever put this stuff on before?
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

We install these kits here at the dealership, but just an FYI this company is based in your backyard. http://www.vantageresourcegroup.com/contact.php Might want to give them a call, they are awesome to deal with.

Thanks...Do they sell kits to fit specific boats? Where else on the boat do you typically install the protective film?
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

I work at our MC dealer we are able to buy specific kits for most of the models, this gives you pre cut pieces for easy installation. I am not sure what kits are available for Moomba but I think they could send a guy out to template your boat if they don't already have it done. The most common application is on the transom but we also install them on the gunnels, and bow area or certain boats. The gunnel is nice if people are stepping into your boat from the dock.

This is the material in action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPOWxth5Vc