Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wakesurfer

Default New Wakesurfer

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I've never understood why someone's signature has any value. Maybe a guy like John Hancock, but Parks? I mean, I respect his wakeboarding career achievements but that doesn't make me want his signature or anything else from the guy. To each his own I guess. If he sat next to me in a restaurant I wouldn't save his water glass to keep his fingerprints (more unique than a signature) either.
    Kane, That's how I feel about it. I bought the board to ride. He happened to be at the boat show where I purchased it and thought it would be cool to have his signature. I can't afford to by another board to ride just because it has his signature on it.

By the way he was a cool guy and completely down to earth. He would have sat and talked to me all night if I had the time.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Had a roommate one time whose most prized possession was a cocktail napkin bearing the autographs of all the members of the legendary band --- wait for it -- Night Ranger!!!!!! (Remember "Sister Christian"?) That was maybe when it started for me. Don't get me started on gold or diamonds --I have a whole separate rant about why these are valuable in modern society-- I mean, why are they valuable? It's cuz they're SHINY! Kinda primitive if you ask me.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!