Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tower speakers

Default Tower speakers

How many batteries does it have?

I run 3 exile amps totally 2400 watts and have 2 group 29 batteries just for the stereo and a third group 24 for starting. I have a 3 bank charger to keep them charged because the alternator alone will not charge all three with the stereo draw I have

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    With the advice, I am checking on those used WS 80's above. Are two of those enough with the right amp? Or is that another just spend the exrtra money & get the exiles or WE Rev10?
    Yes 1 set of Pro 80s will be good at the end of the line, a lot of people run 4 or more speakers, this just makes it that much louder at the end of the line.

The factory alternator can handle the charging of multiple amps but this also all depends on the size of your amps and batteries. Its really the battery that is supporting the larger or multiple amps and the question is can the alternator charge up the batteries faster then your amps are draining them.

This is also why the norm is to have 2 batteries, one primary as a starting battery and 2nd as the stereo battery.

I ran 2 group 24s for the last 4 seasons and 1 group 24 as a starter battery. 3 batteries total.

I also ran 3 amps,
    Exile Harpoon 1K at 1ohm
    Exile 800.4 at 2 ohm
    Exile 2500.1 at 1ohm

These suck a lot of power from the batteries, i dont party cove it to much <sit with the stereo cranked and the engine off>

I never had a problem with my charging system not charging my batteries. Even when my circuit breaker to the stereo bank was pressed open stoping the charging from the boat. the bank went dead. I shut the stereo off, let the boat charge the battery for about 20 minutes and then i turned the stereo back on full blast like always and the boat still charged my battery up.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yeah this boat only has the 1 battery, but that's an easy fix, looks like the switch is 50 bucks everywhere, then just a need a battery. I guess, where would you guys put the batteries if you plan to put fat sacs in the rear lockers? Sounds like I will just spend more to get better speakers & a good amp to power them. What is the difference in marine amps & car amps? Just moisture & vibration isolation? Seems a lot of just use car amps?

Default Tower speakers

I keep my batteries behind observer seat back in that compartment

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by rdlangston13; 02-10-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Wow Dave! I was thinking that spot too for the amps, didn't know the batteries could go there. Is that pro sport an inverter? What do run with that?

Man, so much to do.

Default Tower speakers

The pro sport is a battery charger/maintainer. It's hard wired to the batteries and you simply plug it into a wall outlet, via an extension cord, when the boat is in storage. That way, you're sure to have a full charge for your next outing and batteries that last as long as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah. That sounds useful well!

Just to make sure everything get compared as apples to apples as it can, the xm9 is an 8" HLCD, where as the Rev-10 is a 10" HLCD. I would suggest comparing the xm9 to the Wet Sounds Rev-8 which is also an 8" HLCD. At the end of the day, getting an actual demo is key as each has their own unique sound signature.

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    Wow Dave! I was thinking that spot too for the amps, didn't know the batteries could go there. Is that pro sport an inverter? What do run with that?

Man, so much to do.
    Definitely plan on a battery relocation so you can get the most out of those rear compartments! I pulled mine and put them up there under the glove box, covered and carpeted the hole in the floor in the rear.

If/when I upgrade the batteries I am thinking of going with sealed AGMs and laying them on their side in the worthless curved storage under the observers seat.

"So much to do" - yep!
    But just think - you could be the guy who does the research and does the mods once, rather than the guys on here that redo and upgrade stuff every 2-3 years. (you know who you are...)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Yes batteries are key when running multiple amps and ur stock alternator my keep up with the demand it may not depends on how many and what size amps u run. I have 3 batts 2 xs power xp2000 for the radio and a xs power Xp950 for cranking. I have 3000 watts rms in my boat so the stock alt does not keep up with the amp draw but a good on shore charger is key so ur batts are conditioned for the day. I use the pro mariner pro sport 20 plus. Alternators suck as batterie charger anyway. Now I have also ordered a mech man 170 amp alt for my boat to help things out a bit but this is not neccary
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll