Thread: Mojo options

Default Mojo options

A little background first. I got into wakeboarding in 2007 behind a Stratos fish and ski. I rode a couple summers behind a buddy's bayliner I/O and another buddy's ski nautique. My dream boat has been an LSV since 2008 when I started researching boats. I searched and searched for one in my price range at or near 20k.
    I could not find one and found a 2000 SAN 210 at the end of last season an hour away and right at that price point. I love the boat and it does everything I want at this point in time. The only drawback is it gets crowded.
    Last summer I demo'd a 2012 Mojo and loved it. Sorry LSV, but the Mojo is my new favorite. The boat is beautiful and I loved the amount of space. I rode behind it with ballast empty and it still had a fun wake. I bet filling the ballast would have been even better but I did not get the chance.
    My wife and I had the chance to ride in a SAN 230 this summer. We both really liked the walk through sunpad. And I really like the rear facing bench seat. I plan to upgrade my boat in the next couple of years and the Mojo is at the top of my list.
    I am not trying to rustle any feathers by comparing the Mojo to the 230, but is a walk through sun pad an option? What about a rear facing bench seat? If they are not factory options, has anyone tried to DIY one of these ideas? Thanks for the help.

Default Mojo options

Don't think the Mojo has either option but my 2011 LSV has the convertible rear bench seat that slides forward and you can sit rear facing. Can't think of a time when we have used it though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I was also thinking about this, I need to redo the sundeck on the boat this year. I already bought the skins from SC BUT I would like to have a walk through on the back of the boat. It would be really nice if you could just flip the cushion over and have sea-dek on one side and the vinyl on the other for the times when people want to lay out.

Default Re: Mojo options

Neither the Mojo or LSV have, nor in the near future do I believe will have, a rear facing seat or walkover. You're right, you can't compare features of a Nauti & a Moomba unless you account for price.

Alcab did a great mod for a walkover that you can search for. His solution was a walkover hidden under the starboard hatch. Lift it & walk in/out of the boat.

EThinking about the rear facing seat. The 2012+ boats have a rear bench that extends from side to side. I'm thinking it might be as easy as removing the cushions in front of the bench, unsnapping the holddown straps, sliding the bench toward the bow and putting the cushions back the towards the rear. The cover over the transmission will take up a lot of the legroom, but kids probably wouldn't care.

when it comes to rear facing bench seats MC really did it right with their little flip the seat around thing. if gives you a seat back to lean against and cup holders!

Moomba will never have this, difference in a $60,000 boat and $120,000 boat. I have the bench you can slide forward and sit facing backwards and I have only done it a handful of times, just not comfortable without any back support.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks for the replies. I will search for Alcab's mod and see if I can dig up the thread. Also, I'm sure if I want to do it bad enough I could figure out a way to make a bench seat. I just think it is a cool feature to allow more people to sit and face the riders. I do agree, it probably would not be too comfortable without a back to lean on.

the supras, iirc around '07 started adding a walkthru under the drivers rear hatch. you would open the hatch and have another piece there to walk on. lift it up and access to the bags and locker.
    my 06 launch20 had a convertible seat on the pass side. it swung out. never once used it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My 06 has a walk thru if you lift the rear hatch ... We never use it

Older supras have pretty good rear facing seat setups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-09-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded