Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2001 Mobius v22

Default 2001 Mobius v22

Where in Colorado? I've done my share if road trips to Gunnison. Just curious how far from Oregon you are.
    -Jake

Guy seemed annoyed it was an out of state call to begin with but whatever. You know we kind of said 8-10 hours away and was hoping some would meet in the middle. What's the concensus on single axle trailers? Seems lots of lsv's have single axle trailers. I've always thought over 20 feet its dangerous on a sngl axle? Saw a 96 natique super sport with new motor all new interior loaded for 19k. Seemed kind of high for the year, but its actually kind of nice. Hate to pay taxes and fees but I'm starting to a dealer will be less hassle. Buying a boat site unseen is proving to be a real pain in the ass.

I'm in Denver. Gunnison pretty area. Maps say I am 1200 miles from Portland.

I've been talking to Vinnie with the 05. He said its been salt water 3 times. I've always read to run. His add says it has fresh water flush. Are two related? Orleans is far but I like his boat, in the pictures anyway.

I've been talking to the guy with the moomba in SF. Boat has no upgrades, no PP, no stereo, no ballast. I was gonna offer him 16, see I can get it for 16.5 or 17k. You think that is too low or realistic?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I find your user name very appropriate. You seem to be "racing" from boat to boat and willing to make a lot of concessions based on what is on the market today. Pick out what you want such as PP, stereo, ballast and wait until the right one comes along. Don't stress as it will happen.

Why don't you start a new thread in the classifieds that is a Wanted To Buy (WTB) and list out what you're looking for. Year, model, options, price and distance from home. Not only might folks who are looking to sell find you, but the guys here might be better able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I find your user name very appropriate. You seem to be "racing" from boat to boat and willing to make a lot of concessions based on what is on the market today. Pick out what you want such as PP, stereo, ballast and wait until the right one comes along. Don't stress as it will happen.

Why don't you start a new thread in the classifieds that is a Wanted To Buy (WTB) and list out what you're looking for. Year, model, options, price and distance from home. Not only might folks who are looking to sell find you, but the guys here might be better able to help you out.
    Well yeah, not only are we a motocross racing family, I am a deal seaker & am flexible on options depending on the boat. I don't mind installing PP, a stereo, ballast as well as I don't mind paying more for a boat with all those things. Travel for the right deal becomes fun as well.

About the salt water & dual axle trailers though, anyone?

I don't like the thought of a boat that has been in salt water. You just never know how well it was cleaned up and the problems is caused can escalate.

I like the LSV on a dual, but plenty of folks carry it on a single. Sort of depends on your storage situation. If you're going to have to muscle it around in your garage, I'd go single. Otherwise, try and find a double.

Default 2001 Mobius v22

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    I don't mind installing PP, a stereo, ballast as well as I don't mind paying more for a boat with all those things. Travel for the right deal becomes fun as well.

About the salt water & dual axle trailers though, anyone?
    by time you buy a base boat and add all these options (plus some I'm sure your not thinking of right now) you might as well buy Brandos for 30k.

his boat is set up and ready to float. you said your budget is 25k but then talk about adding PP, stereo, ballast, and travel for a boat not equipped. I say begin a serious negotiation (in private) with Brando and scoop up his lsv before someone else does. don't think you can go wrong that route

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV