Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 Mobius v22

Default 2001 Mobius v22

Hey guys, new to the forum. I have been doing a lot of boat shopping, looking at Sangers, used Malibus, basically anything under 25k. There is a almost new Sanger DLX with 150 hours & a banging stereo, subs, amps, batteries & switch. Not a fan of the DD seating but I read it throws an awesome wake for both surfing & boarding with a little ballast. No ballast or perfect pass, but the boat is 16k & close by.

I came across a 2001 moomba mobius V 22 that has really caught my eye, 300 hours, garage kept, looks damn nice but it is 700 miles away so I cannot go look. He is willing to meet me in the middle though. Has the usually tower, stereo, single battery, bimini but again no ballast or perfect pass. He wants 20k. We really prefer the V drive seating.

So is it worth spending that much more even though I need to spend another grand for perfect pass & will probably need some fat sacks stashed somewhere?

How is the wake without ballast, what about surfing? Reliability, quality of the boat? Is 20k a good price?

Default 2001 Mobius v22

1 vote for the v drive
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I agree with the go to V drive. Is an 01 mobius worth the 20k? Does the boat need ballast for wake boarding? I imagine 500 pounds up front & 600 port side for surfing is a must? Is perfect pass a must have on these boats?

We bought a 2000 Mobius V for 16,500 with 500ish hours on it. No tower, no ballast, no perfect pass which we all ended up installing. We have been pretty happy, but the previous owner had done a shotty job at a hull repair and now we are paying the price now. We installed a 3 bag system, 1180 in the center and two 750s and it throws a pretty nice wakeboarding/wakesurfing wake. It's a nice looking boat for how old it is and we get compliments from people too.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_8099 View Post
    We bought a 2000 Mobius V for 16,500 with 500ish hours on it. No tower, no ballast, no perfect pass which we all ended up installing. We have been pretty happy, but the previous owner had done a shotty job at a hull repair and now we are paying the price now. We installed a 3 bag system, 1180 in the center and two 750s and it throws a pretty nice wakeboarding/wakesurfing wake. It's a nice looking boat for how old it is and we get compliments from people too.
    Thanks Ryan. When did you get yours & is that the price I should be closer to? There is a moomba outback v here locally that looks great on the hull, interior is rough plus its brown & it has 700 hours. But the dealer is asking 16,500.00 The owner moved up to a Supra. Sucks looking at all these out of state boats, I can't go look, can't test them. How is your wake without any ballast?

Racer, is the 2001 in N.TX? I looked a boat like your describing this weekend. I can describe its condition for you.

Quote Originally Posted by txnight View Post
    Racer, is the 2001 in N.TX? I looked a boat like your describing this weekend. I can describe its condition for you.
    Yes, yes it is. In Rhome I believe, I saw a link to it here while searching but now I cannot find it. PM if you would like, I am hesitant just because it has no upgrades so to speak. Did you look at a Sanger in Ammarillo by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    Thanks Ryan. When did you get yours & is that the price I should be closer to? There is a moomba outback v here locally that looks great on the hull, interior is rough plus its brown & it has 700 hours. But the dealer is asking 16,500.00 The owner moved up to a Supra. Sucks looking at all these out of state boats, I can't go look, can't test them. How is your wake without any ballast?
    We got ours in August of 2011. We live in WI and had to drive to 8 hours to pick it up. Not sure what boats go for further south so hard to say on price, ours had a new interior and had also been recently painted which we just found out about. If it is in as good as condition as you stated it might be worth it. I would definitely go with the Mob V over the Outback though, you will love how much space is in that boat. I was pretty impressed with the stock wake and I am the only one who rides with ballast for wakeboarding. All depends who will be riding behind it and how serious they are about wakeboarding. The ballast install was definitely worth it because everyone loves to surf behind the boat.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Drink the Koolaid....

Sounds like price is in line with NADA and then location plays a factor as well. One thought - If you're comfortable with DIY you could do a full ballast system and PerfectPass for about the same coin or less than taking a boat in for a complete new interior. But the ballast you can go piece by piece more, the interior, well I suppose you could but...

For a couple tanks of gas and the chance to climb all over the thing, go for a test drive, etc. I'd feel more comfortable doing that than just taking some guy's word for it and looking at the pictures he wants you to see. Maintenance records or 'proof' would be a must too for a long distance deal.

I honestly wasn't very excited about having a yellow boat to start with - but it quickly grew on me. You should ask if that one has the metal flake in the finish. It does make a difference in the shine/bling factor over straight yellow, especially with all the heavy flake coming out on the 2013 models. That may help sell your girl on it over the blue DD Tige you were showing me.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

You are talking about wakes and surfing so quit looking at DD boats. It's just not for you. For the right used boat you may have to drive 800 miles. It will be worth it and you can make a fun adventure out of it. Lots of guys on here have done it. Look in the "Craigslist finds" thread on here (actually I'm going to start a new thread like that one today for boats only). Guys all over post nice deals they see to share them with others. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!