Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2013 LSV ballast options

With the new boat coming the wife is insistent on getting all the extra sacks out of the floor. My thinking is, cool lets fill all the storage with bags then take my extra sacks and put them in the floor and really weight this thing down!

So my understanding is stock ballast is 1800? With 2-650s in the back and a 450 hard tank in the middle. That only = 1750 but that's not what I'm concerned with.

With the new changes to the dropped rubber floor, will the stock bags in the back slide forward under those seats and then put 2 bigger bags beside the motor?

I'm trying to use up what I currently have as extra bags so I'll have more cash to mess around with prop changes etc...

First thing is prop: starting with 1433

Bags if it will work:
    800s in the back, slide the stock (650s?) rear bags forward under seats (not sure if shape will work), 450 hard tank in the middle and plumb the IBS off of that.

That still leaves me with a couple of 550lb bags as extras for the floor. Obviously we don't necessarily need that much weight for my son to ride but we do ride with a bunch of Outlaw/ Expert riders that would like to see a beefier wake.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

This is a picture of my Mojo compartment but the LSV is the same. You can add the larger bags to the rear, and then slide the 650s up in front of that. The new compartments have no restictions. I dont think the 650 is the best choice for this. They will deff pop the cusions and might also add too much side pressure to the fiberglass.

On my 08 i removed the cooler and ran my 450 bag in there and it bulged the fiberglass due to no mounting brackets.
    The 13 i didnt look for renforments on the side panels.

If you plan to run sacks in this area i would look into getting a pair of 400 blags from Fligh High like the 08 LSV had or do what i did and look into the Sump 450 sacks, as they are designed and shaped for this application.

Are you planning to add a Y valve to the center tank pump? Im curious how you plan to tie off this pump? I am having a IBS installed as well and im going with a full seperate system of pump, timer, and switch so its factory looking.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Cool I have stock 400s now as extras in my garage. If those will fit better I may use those instead.

As for the IBS, I know I'm going to add one but I haven't decided yet. I'm still researching/learning about options. I like the idea of keeping everything separate but can't think of a time when ill need to fill only the bow sack. Other than cosmetics is there a preference for one way or the other.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    Cool I have stock 400s now as extras in my garage. If those will fit better I may use those instead.

As for the IBS, I know I'm going to add one but I haven't decided yet. I'm still researching/learning about options. I like the idea of keeping everything separate but can't think of a time when ill need to fill only the bow sack. Other than cosmetics is there a preference for one way or the other.
    Great on the 400s, im thinking you wont get much more in the 650s anyhow LOL.

As for the IBS no i dont think there is any difference then cosmentic. Honestly id be in the same position your in but part of my deal to by my boat was the dealer is redoing my ballast. AWS is trying to get into balalst systems and this is there first boat. So i said add my IBS for free and ill do a write up and talk about it to people when i can LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

couple answer

Reusing your 650's--Yes but the stock bags are way to big for the space and really only can get about 200-300lbs under the seats-flyhigh has a bag that will fit much better under the seats

Go for the flyhigh 1100lb bags for the rear-fits nicely, but as for the port side, the pumps and panel intrude about a little over a foot into the space, if you want maximum ballast you will want to move them, good part is you wont have to buy anything to do this other than some carpet for the rear

just add the IBS off the infloor tank-super simple and keeps from adding another pump and wires-that and there is no room for a dedicate switch on the panel, so you would have this one oddball switch off to the side.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I beg to differ on the Switch. I have an Ass switch not doing anything but taking up space. This used to be the Heater switch but the new 13s mount the heater on the side panel in front of the throttle.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I beg to differ on the Switch. I have an Ass switch not doing anything but taking up space.

Well, I ordered a pump and switch to use for my IBS-quess what, there is no open spots on my LSV's dash.

so I now have a reversible pump to get rid of also as I just piggybacked it off the infloor tank.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

So do I understand correctly that I could just add the IBS andfill it off the vent from hard tank and then vent the IBS to the through hull?

Would it be the same procedure to just piggy back the other 2 bags off the big ones in the back?

Then adjust the timers to get a better reading of fill percentage?
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Well, I ordered a pump and switch to use for my IBS-quess what, there is no open spots on my LSV's dash.

so I now have a reversible pump to get rid of also as I just piggybacked it off the infloor tank.
    Thats just obsered the Mojo has an extra switch and the LSV doesnt LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    So do I understand correctly that I could just add the IBS andfill it off the vent from hard tank and then vent the IBS to the through hull?

Would it be the same procedure to just piggy back the other 2 bags off the big ones in the back?

Then adjust the timers to get a better reading of fill percentage?
    Todd,

You have it correct. I wrote up how I did the ballast on my Mojo. Daze helped and then used this as the model for his with the addition of moving the pumps which I didn't need to do. It makes for a very simply upgrade that doesn't require any extra pumps, switches or cutting holes in your boat.

The only item I might do differently than written up was to use a simple, spring check valve on the IBS vent vs the one from wakemakers as the that one seems to prevent the hard tank from draining 100%.

Adjusting the timers is a simple procedure that should be outlined in your Owner's Manual.