Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How did you plumb your IBS???

I'm getting ready to order all the parts for my winter project and I'm curious how you all have ran your IBS ballast lines. I'm ordering the Bosworth Y valve and I want to mount it down beside the ballast switches of my 2010 LSV.

Does anyone see any HUGE problems that I will face?

I also want to move the pumps into the goofy locker so I can get as much out of my 1100# bag in the regular locker as possible. Is the relocation a big job, or not to bad? I was also thinking that this would make it easier to run the front ballast lines past the drivers seat, through the Y valve, and then down to the locker bag or over to the IBS.
    Any thoughts and/or pictures will be greatly appreciated.

So far this is my list:
    -Y valve
    -3/4" through hull vent
    -20' of 1" fill/empty hose
    -10' of 3/4" vent hose
    -1" Y for filling the IBS

Thanks
    Kelly
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

Kelly, little simpler method to fil IBS, take the front infloor vent hose and run it to the IBS, then run the vent from the IBS to the side thru hull. No valves needed. This method should take just as long to fill and empty as the one surf bag since they both are right the same amount of weight.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 10-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I want them separate. I don't like the way the locker door pops open. My buddy lost his toe nail because of that.
    Plus it gives me something to do this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

I ran the mastercraft y valve like you are planning. Main lin e in one line to the floor sac then i bought a y splitter(not a t) and ran one line to each leg. I installed seperate vent lines and put oneway valves on each of them.

I also have a 1100 pounder in the port locker so i put a y valve on the starboard pump and have two pumps filling the regular side sac(no goofy riders on my boat) my fill times are faster than most since i got all the pumps running

I haven't taken the floor apart yet. Do think it's possible to get the valve over to the side of the drivers seat?

Did you move your pumps?

Because I need to run goofy for the wife, duel pumps for the rear bags would be awesome! Can you use both pumps for emptying or did you run the line over to the other top plug in the bag? Two pumps running through one 1" quick connect seams like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

I didnt move the pumps. My 1100 pounder fills up plenty and its not worth the time and effort for me to move them.

If you remove the floor you can easily get a line to the starboard side for the ibs leg but it would be difficult to hook up the y valve.

As far as the second drain, i am sure it could be done but you would need to t off the current drain line or add a second one along with some other valves. Its easy to setup up the second fill but probably a beadache to set up a second drain

I just added ibs this summer. I didnt put a directional valve in. My locker door only pops up if I over fill everything. I ran 1 inch line under the floor that meets a tee, I kept the tee in line with the ibs line so that it fills the ibs at about the same rate as the locker bag. The water will flow straight thru much easier than turn a corner. (path of least resistance).
    I do beleive had I hooked it up the other way it would fill the locker bag and only after it is over filled would it push up to the ibs. Anyway what I am saying is that the locker door has not been an issue as it fills all about the same time.
    sorry if this is confusing but i am trying to make it make sense.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

ballast.jpg
    sorry lousy pic but just to give you an idea. i wouldnt waste my time with the valve
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    ballast.jpg
    sorry lousy pic but just to give you an idea. i wouldnt waste my time with the valve
    It all depends on your situation.. My lake is crazy busy on weekends so i can run 4k of ballast in the morning but come afternoon i would take waves over the bow all day long. A valve lets me empty the ibs and leave the ski locker. Other wise my boat would look like an impala with hydraulics creeping across the lake if i had to empty both sacs.

i guess i dont have that problem. I can fill ballast up and not have to worry as our lake is not that busy.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake