Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

Quote Originally Posted by jfox8807 View Post
    says "sorry this link is private"

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Ok sorry I fixed it now. Idk how I made it private maybe it'll work this time for u lol.
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

Quote Originally Posted by jfox8807 View Post
    Ok sorry I fixed it now. Idk how I made it private maybe it'll work this time for u lol.
    Yes, that link works now. I've never owned any subs other than home theater stuff (have a couple 15" velodynes in my HT) but man is that level of cone displacement normal??? That looks like it's going to self destruct!

Sure, if a woofer is constructed with multiple spiders, an over-roll surround and a really long voice coil, it can safely exhibit that type of excursion. Now, that doesn't mean there is much control or pitch accuracy when driven like that. And the finer transients are definitely lost in the modulation. But it certainly looks impressive and moves some air on a synthetic bass burp.

David

My vote for exile.... But I am biased as that's all I own.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Don't forget about Exile - I'd contact [email protected] to get his recommendations. They've ha some great sales recently and have been brooming overstock stuff.
    Ian - Through an odd series of tags & likes on Facebook via Cass Lake Dry Dock's website, I'm darn near positive that you have the slip next to me. Awesome to see people local to Southeast Michigan showing support! Can't wait to see the 2013 OBV if you're going to keep it at the marina!
    Tower Speakers: Check
    Subwoofer: Check
    Added Battery and ACR: In but needs a lil' fixing

Thanks to everybody for the support!
    - Does anybody have any recommendation for a minimum wattage to put through the tower speakers?
    - Is there an off-the-shelf solution for a quick connect where I pull the speaker wire through the hull & into the tower?
    - sandm: How much wattage are your running through the 12w6?
    Tower Speakers: Check
    Subwoofer: Check
    Added Battery and ACR: In but needs a lil' fixing

We've experienced just about every combination and the 12W6 loves the JL Audio HD750/1! JL subs are conservatively rated on their thermal capacity. In an open field environment it's a good idea to fully meet or marginally exceed the thermal rating.
    An 'honestly rated' unregulated 1000 watt amplifier (@14.4 volts supply) may only deliver 750 watts with a 12.6 volts supply. 14.4 volts isn't realistic. 13.7 V may be measured as the alternator/battery combined voltage at 3K rpm. 12.6 volts is more realistic measured at the amplifier primary terminals when under load.
    The strictly regulated HD750/1 is 750 watts guaranteed at any voltage above 11 volts.
    And with the higher efficiency of this Class D amplifier, the supply voltage will sag less at the same power level. That is a bonus to the entire audio system and charging system.

David

1) depends on the speaker size and type.

2) Yes. There are some in-line connectors or surface-mount male/female connector bodies that allow for disconnection of the tower speaker leads in order to fold the tower.