Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Watch the weight on the OBV toward with boards, speakers etc, its only 1 5/8
    i think if it is strong enough to attach a rope to and drag someone across the water with then it should be fine holding up some speakers....
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

^^ What he said. 1-5/8" tower is stronger than you might think...

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg - that water is glass and they are hanging out. underway that 1.58 turns into a spaghetti noodle. Trust me, weight is an issue. Just think what happens when they cross a few wakes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EXRhzLwQl0

(god I think I watched this video 5 times) hehe

brian

hehe - love the slow mo in that vid.

I'm more concerned about a mounting bolt getting sheered off (mine are horizontal) than the 1.58 noodling. My kids regularly treat the tower like a jungle gym in the driveway when I turn my back so I figure if it can hold up to them then a few sets of speakers can't be heavier. Of course the kids are not usually hanging back there when we cut across any wakes.

Yeah - it was one of those glass all day days. Had to stop and jump off the big observation tower thing out in the middle a few times.

You think this may be getting too heavy for the 1.58? Maybe after you load the racks up with boards...

Last edited by bergermaister; 02-19-2013 at 02:46 AM.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

berg - yea, I hear ya. true true. god I just saw that video link you posted in that proshop sale. I'm still laughing.

Default Tower Speakers & Subwoofer upgrade

I'm sure the towers have a certain amount of flex built into them. He'll my LSV tower which is 2 3/8 flexes some when pulling the boat on the trailer with nothing hanging from it. Even sky scrapers sway...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

FINAL DECISION:
    - I bought the Wetsounds Pro-80 the deal was just too sweet.

Subwoofer:
    - I'm heavily leaning toward the Kicker Solo-Baric S12L74
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-08S12L74.html

Amplifier:
    - I'd like to go ahead and get a single 3 or 5 channel amp to use to power everything. Hopefully with an efficient single channel I can draw less power, and save a minimal amount of money not wiring up multiple new amps.
    - Does anybody have a recommended amount of power for the tower speakers? I certainly don't want to under power them.
    - Any reccomendations similar to this in wattage?
    http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...FYqk4AodLTsAXg
    Tower Speakers: Check
    Subwoofer: Check
    Added Battery and ACR: In but needs a lil' fixing

Default Tower Speakers & Subwoofer upgrade

I've uploaded photos in an album that show the entire project. One problem...how do I insert photos into this thread ( I feel like an idiot)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you click reply there is a button "Go Advanced", click that and then below the text entry window there is a button called "Manage Attachments". Click on "Manage Attachments" and it will bring up another window that allows you to add files. Click on the "Add Files" button and then click on the "Select Files" button, that will then allow you to select files from your computer.

Then drag the photo you just added to the bottom Attachments window and then you should be able to click done and it should include it in your post. That was how I was able to do it when I first posted a pic a few days ago.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Azz.

2014 Moomba Outback V

Default Some pics to show what happens when you actually help out people on the forum

Some pics of the system installed…no good pics of the amps but when I take the boat out of storage I'll get some. I'm planning on remaking the board used to mount the ACR Switch/Relay and potentially put the batteries under the seats this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images