Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

sandm,
    TVs wouldn't make the investment to switch between analog/digital audio because they would have the added cost of multiple D to A and A to D conversions. I'm pretty sure that any HDMI source will not output from a TV's L/R analog RCAs. But I am assuming that it will switch and output from ALL HDMI sources on a digital audio output. However, the digital audio out will not output analog audio sources such as component video or composite video. So if you have a mix I'm guessing you have a no go but possibly for different reasons than you stated. But if all are the same, whether digital or analog, it could work. I am only trying to look at it from the logic of how things 'should' work....but I'm speculating here.
    I use my TV as the selector but I stayed with component video on everything as it's only a 37-inch set. If I change the set to a newer unit with more HDMI and less component inputs then I could have new challenges ahead. Btw, did I happen to mention that I have zero passion for video, unlike audio? I watch the content but I don't get into the technology.
    Dusty,
    I do doodle.

David

Good info on the boat, I am pretty sure i know what direction to go, just need to start looking at components.

We also picked up a pontoon this year and I want to add an amp to it as well.

As it turns out I am also looking at new Home Theater receivers. Mostly because it sits in the utility room on the basement and the new models can be control from Ipad or android pad rather then putting in an IR repeater.
    2012 Moomba LSV (Upgraded from Four Winns H210 270hp)

I agree 100% on the tv vs audio david..
    I'd not have a tv at all if it wasn't for the fact that you miss out on what's going on in the world. right now, 99% of the time, I come home and click on the receiver to a sirius channel and let that play. I don't think my tv gets used more than 5-7hrs/wk and cut that in half in the summer. now the receiver sees 3x that usage
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The TV is for watching stuff you have on your DVR. Try "Justified" on FX if you need something cool to watch.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

last thing in the world I think anyone "needs" are more reasons to park in front of a tv
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

To the best of my knowledge I haven't turned on a tv in about 2 months and proble only seen 30 min cumlitive in passing or visiting with friends since then. I haven't missed it at all. Now, the radio on the other hand pretty much stays on. It doesn't stop me from getting stuff done either like the tv would. It's amazing how much more I get done without tv.
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

Quote Originally Posted by jfox8807 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge I haven't turned on a tv in about 2 months and proble only seen 30 min cumlitive in passing or visiting with friends since then. I haven't missed it at all. Now, the radio on the other hand pretty much stays on. It doesn't stop me from getting stuff done either like the tv would. It's amazing how much more I get done without tv.
    Thats what i do on my weekends when i got stuff to do. i get up, shower, have coffee while i check the forum and FB just like i do before going to work. Never even goto the living room. Then head outside and start getting stuff done.

If i stop for a tv break im done, ill sit there and get lazy and make excuses as to why i got time to watch tv LOL

When we moved to the new house we didnt get Cable, because i feel like i have to watch X amount of TV to justify the cost. So we just have Netflix on demand and Hulu+. between those we can find planty to watch and its only about 24 a month.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Funny. I don't sleep without the TV on in the background. When it's time to crash, I turn the tube on so it does all the thinking while I do the vegetating. This keeps my mind from racing so I can fall asleep.

Interesting info in here guys! I am just venturing into the world of home theater. Like most of you guys I don't watch much TV but a good movie will suck me in all the time. I am going to be running a Benq w1070 projector shooting on a 110" screen. I have not even begun to thin about the audio end of it yet because it is an acoustic nightmare of concrete.

OH and Scott any time you want to come and listen to some vinyl on the old Hi-Fi setup hit me up when your in Wisconsin.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    last thing in the world I think anyone "needs" are more reasons to park in front of a tv
    Wow I guess I am the odd ball here. During my 2 weeks off of work every month I watch a ton of TV simply because if I don't I will be out doing something else that costs a lot of money. TV is a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment and it keeps the truck parked not burning gas and the debit card in my wallet.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD