Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default tsunami power and grnd distro block with meter

Anyone have a pro or con with this block to feed three amps.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FQWe4Aod00kAww
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Built in digital voltmeter is nice, but personally my distros are hidden. Don't really need/want to see a big gaggle of wires coming or going unless I'm tearing something apart.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

used that same one. you need access to is as it has the fuses for the amps on it. it's a solid unit that installed very easy. just don't forget to buy the required fuses ahead of time. I didn't realize that until I was ready to power up the stereo. local shop didn't have 125amp fuses so had to use something different just to get the system powered up. now I have to go buy more in the spring for the correct ratings. I thought it was nice to have power and ground in the same unit. mine has 2 1/0 gauge to it and 3ea 4gauge to the amps..
    only con would be the cover. kind of hokey how it fits and I think if you remove/reinstall it several times, it's not going to stay on.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Great for adding a little bling to an install, especially if the gauge is easily visible. Other wise, a simple fused/GND combo block will serve just fine. It may even possible to skip the redundant fuses and just use a pair of non-fused blocks for the B+ and GND. If you helm has an analog volt gauge, you can wire it to a SPDT toggle and use it to monitor the voltage level in both the house and cranking banks. or, install a simple digital volt gauge. They come in a few different colors and come in round or rectangle. Metra, Xscorpian and Scosche all offer them.

JMV - thats a good block. It's the only block that I've seen that does the power and ground (o ga input to 4 (4)ga outputs), both within the same block. It comes in two versions. Stay away from V1 as they had a lot of LED screen failures. I met with Metra at the consumer electronics show last week and my product development friend over there confirmed that they have now discontinued V2. A pitty because it really does everything all in one block. For that matter all Tsunami products have been disco'd by Metra. If sonic has it. I'd jump on it. Metra has been BO'd for the last 60 days on it.

-Brian

Same exact one i used in Fierah. The display only powers up for a couple minutes when you first turn the system on. Then it will re display randomly every so often for a short amount of time.

I had no issues with mine
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    JMV - thats a good block. It's the only block that I've seen that does the power and ground (o ga input to 4 (4)ga outputs), both within the same block. It comes in two versions. Stay away from V1 as they had a lot of LED screen failures. I met with Metra at the consumer electronics show last week and my product development friend over there confirmed that they have now discontinued V2. A pitty because it really does everything all in one block. For that matter all Tsunami products have been disco'd by Metra. If sonic has it. I'd jump on it. Metra has been BO'd for the last 60 days on it.

-Brian
    I was there on Monday, sorry a missed you .

As Brian stated, the Tsunami name has been retired by Metra, but its being replaced with the T-Spec line up. All new look for their install accessories. Cabling and RCA's are being offered in a variety of performance levels, much like thy were under the Tsunami name.

Thanks guys i picked one up with some 125amp anl led fuses hope to replace that bulky factory bus bar that was in stalled on the amp board..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

makes for a much cleaner wiring
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Same block I have, no complaints!

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD