Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleats

i use the rear cleat to tie off and hang the rear bumper (hippy hop)

i use the front cleat to tie off

i have a holder that slips over the windshield frame for a forward/midship bumper (hippy hop)

or will use the tower and hang the hippy hop from

never needed more than 2 cleats per side. Heck my 03 did'nt even have cleats and never really thought about it as there are so many places to use to tie off with
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

You guys ever anchor? Use my forward side cleats all the time for my anchor line. Another line off the rear cleat up to the beach to a stake in the sand. Which side depends on which way the current/wind is going.

Mine's kinda weird though - pull ups in the rear, surface mount style on the widest part of the beam. Wish those were pullups too but to swap out would leave mounting holes exposed... Unless I could find some sort of plate to cover them.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out Hippity Hops.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Lake, Sun, Cold Beer = Moomba Time: Life is Good

Default Cleats

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    You guys ever anchor? Use my forward side cleats all the time for my anchor line. Another line off the rear cleat up to the beach to a stake in the sand. Which side depends on which way the current/wind is going.

Mine's kinda weird though - pull ups in the rear, surface mount style on the widest part of the beam. Wish those were pullups too but to swap out would leave mounting holes exposed... Unless I could find some sort of plate to cover them.
    You could just reglass and gel coat the holes. I've been thinking about doing this, just afraid the color won't match that good and it will leave some ugly spots

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I would like to see a pic. I swear I've seen pull up ones that would require some serious drilling but would cover everything.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Cleats

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I would like to see a pic. I swear I've seen pull up ones that would require some serious drilling but would cover everything.
    My issue with the pull up cleats is I want them in a different location that my standard ones are in now. My standard cleats are on the side of the gunwale, I want pull ups on too of the gunwale in the rear

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I never had cleats. Always thought is was odd not to have them but I tie off to the tower and rear tie down and never miss them.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Mid ship-

Rear-

I think I'd need some sort of base plate for the holes if I went to another pull up style.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yea, that would be tricky. You'd have to get a custom cut rubber backing and a custom plate or something.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!