Default Shred Stixx Piranha, how many fin slots? Possible bait and switch.

I ordered a Shred Stixx Piranha from a dealer based on videos, descriptions, and recommendations from others. I get the board in and it only has 3 fin slots. Everywhere online the board is discussed as having 5 fin slots.

I call the dealer and they tell me that the 5 fin was just a prototype and that the produced model only has 3 fin slots. I put some calls in to Shred Stixx but have been unable to get through.

Can anyone shed some light on this and how many fin slots this board is supposed to have or is the company I bought from trying to pass of an old model to me?
    2002 Mobius LSV
    SA, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ag04blast View Post
    I ordered a Shred Stixx Piranha from a dealer based on videos, descriptions, and recommendations from others. I get the board in and it only has 3 fin slots. Everywhere online the board is discussed as having 5 fin slots.

I call the dealer and they tell me that the 5 fin was just a prototype and that the produced model only has 3 fin slots. I put some calls in to Shred Stixx but have been unable to get through.

Can anyone shed some light on this and how many fin slots this board is supposed to have or is the company I bought from trying to pass of an old model to me?
    From what im finding the Piranha Hero has the 5 fins and the Piranha SS has 3 fins. This is true up to the 2011 board model. I cant seem to locate a Fin count on the 2012 and 2013 boards
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Finally got through to Shred Stixx, definitely seems they confused a lot of people. The Piranha only has 3fins, you can order a custom Piranha with 5fins. They changed the board names for 2013 and not offer a stock 5fin set up but they changed the shape of the board a bit. Not only do I think customers were confused, but the dealer I bought from seemed to be confused as well.

All in all, they were great about answering questions concerning what type of board I was looking for based on my wave and riding style. Always good to chat with an actual company than a dealer. I think I am going to keep the 3fin piranha.
    2002 Mobius LSV
    SA, Texas

Keep us in the loop on your riding impressions of that board. I've watched a few come and go on eBay and always been curious.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Yes, I have been skeptical of Shred Stixx but i may have to get one as I am looking to upgrade my board this year. Being on Lake Austin makes them very accessible..
    2006 Outback V
    Gravity III, Wake plate

750 Port side locker
    650 IBS
    400 Ski locker

Jacky,

Have you checked out Billy Clark down there at Austin Surf Company? He does custom boards, real nice stuff. You can reach him at 512-577-8874.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Jacky,

Have you checked out Billy Clark down there at Austin Surf Company? He does custom boards, real nice stuff. You can reach him at 512-577-8874.
    Thanks for the rec... I ended up getting a used Shred Stixx Custom Elevation but I will keep that contact on hard for my next board. Ready to get out there and try it out(maybe this weekend)
    2006 Outback V
    Gravity III, Wake plate

750 Port side locker
    650 IBS
    400 Ski locker