Sounds like he's gotta make a commitment or let it go.

FYI, a little story: My oldest daughter always wanted to be a cheerleader. She did not have any gymnastics growing up. She played soccer (poorly) and then softball (was OK but not good). She tried out for middle school cheerleading and dance and didn't make either. She got to be a majorette and learned some dance. She kept trying out for cheerleading every year and not making it in 6th, 7th, 8th and freshman year. She went to a private gym and worked on gymnastics skills. By the time she was a sophomore and trying out for the squad for her junior year I was telling her that "they don't take new girls who are juniors; it just doesn't happen." Well, guess what? The work paid off and she made it. She had to cheer JV as a junior while most of her friends and lots of younger girls were on varsity. But, she went on to cheer varsity as a senior. I was so proud of her for knowing what she wanted and putting in the work over a period of years and not taking "no" for an answer.

If I have one thing to say to your son it is that, if you know what you want, GO GET IT! Never give up. But, you have to decide for yourself if you want it. If you do, work for it every day.

Senior Night.jpg