Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crushed

Default Crushed

well after years and years of practicing and playing baseball, countless hours of practice and driving time, numerous trophies and accolades, thousands and thousands of dollars on equipment, camps, teams, etc my son just finished up with his 3 day try out for the high school baseball team and didn't make the final cut. can't wrap my head around how this happened or what is next.

besides boating, baseball is the strongest bond my son and I have. all his friends, most of which I know and have coached or played with made the team. all our family friends are baseball related because we all spend so much time together with baseball activities. I could go on and on!

baseball season is just around the corner and for the first time in 10 years I won't see him on the field.....UUGGHH

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

IM sure there is leagues that arnt from the school no? I mean when i was in military school we didnt have sports, but i played baseball and soccer for years. Just played on a little league team and then a jr league.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Crushed

City ball stops at 14, he hasn't played league ball in years thou. Been on select teams for years but at the high school level it's not really feasible to play select if your not on your high school team. Waste of 1200 bucks a session for your kid to sit the bench while his buddies from the high school team compete. Looking like his playin days might be done

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Jason, sorry to here that. How is your son taking it? Gotta be rough, especially after that many years of ball at tht level..

Tough one...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Crushed

he trying to be tough but his eyes have watered up a few times tonight. his first lesson of failure in his young life. learning moment I guess

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

That's a tough one Jason. I'm sure he knows you're a proud papa no matter what.

Maybe a little boating time is in order...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Find out what his weaknesses are and see where he can get some help. No different than school or a job. He can come back next year even more determined to earn a position. It a valuable lesson and not to stop working to be the best.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Crushed

Great advice from Z. We've all heard how Jordan was cut from his HS BBall team. This will be a great test for him and also let him find out who his true friends are. Hopefully, they will invite him to come to the games and he will want to go. It will be a huge change and change is very difficult, but he will be be fine with your support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Default Crushed

I'm with Z on this one too. I'd really think about staying with the select team too, even if he's not playing. It keeps him around the game, and his friends, he can practice and really focus on continuing development and you never know when opportunity will strike. Sadly there are lots of injuries at the high school level in baseball and that is all it takes to open a door for somebody else.

I've got a sophomore who played softball and a junior who played soccer (both girls), but you'd be surprised how much the makeup of the team changes each year. Coaches do watch the select teams too.

Did he get any feedback from the coaches? Are they crowded at his position?

Hope you guys are doing well.

Ron
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Jason, like Ron is saying to stay at the games, maybe he can still work with the team at practise. Even if its just gethering gear, helping throw to one of the players. Maybe he needs to sit with the coach and say he wants to help how ever he can and if there is some possibility to get back on the team if someone has to drop hes a shoe in then.

Also whiles hes at it, get some feed back from the coaches. Maybe go the route, of Hey Coach, i didnt make the team and im ok with that this time. What can i work on to be a better player and help me make the team next year. i love baseball and im not willing to give it up, i just know that this time i droped the ball and i want to be better next year.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]